Fine idle game. Not very hard to complete. It can be polished and balanced to be a good game.
Recent community posts
Yes, but I can't read properly from icons. Also the explanations aren't clear enough. For example from help button I don't know if second drill will work without water (experiments: yes, but with lower efficiency).
The game has changed! To the better one, I think :)
But there are many things left to do. From my - gamer - perspective, the highest problem is lack of good explanation how everything works. Icons in the game help are not very clear when you don't know all the resources (when starting the game). So now I have to create all the possible things and experiment what can be put inside which building and what will be as a result.
Second thing is that I don't know if energy system is balanced. I don't know yet, because I haven't created all the things.
The idea of "campaign" is very interesting and probably very good, but lack of "advisor" there can be harmful for newbies.
Versions 3.0 and 3.5 of the game was much easier to understand and easier to play. This one is a very good main breaker and I want to play it more! :)
Edit: consider updating/ creating wiki pages and/or some diagrams how every building works. Or just basics? Allowing names near ore icons also is a good idea :)
Edit2: found a bug: if you build a complete conveyor bridge, it will act as infinite storage. I have tried to test the capacity, but I coudn't reach the max of it. Where is the best place for bug tracking?
Really enjoyable game. I got about 10 games till found the clue how to survive first 12 turns. Then it was a piece of cake :).
It is a piece of puzzle and strategy at once. Also "run out of space" is a perfect word here :).
Please add some information about controls. I had to try almost all keys to get to know how to play. Till now I still don't know how to rotate slope.
Also lack of data about the costs and what something is doing would help.
Sometimes my controls were going strange, because I couldn't move except when building (and I got stuck). It happens when the night/day is changing and you are currently using something (fighting for example).
Except that the game seems to be good. I am not sure if all parts are OK, because of this bug I couldn't finish too much days and gain enough resources to build something big. :)
Creating the path solves the problem. But what about players who don't have D: disk?
Also I have found that restoring the game has a bug: buildings next to the borders (right & left) are missing when you click "continue the game". They exist, but their animations aren't loaded. After some reloads also part of my batteries are missing. I can upgrade them, but I can't see them.
Second thing is that I haven't managed to clear all the terrain. The "clear" tool shows me that I can erase a piece of wood, but when I left-click, nothing happen. Part of this problem was solved by reloading the map or reusing the tool (disable, enable again), but two pieces left and I can't do anything with them.
Ad 1. There are two types of "pause": one when I pause the power plant (energy production), second where I pause the game (go to in-game menu). Those two are completely independent. From other games experience, I expect that pausing the game will also pause (temporary) the power plant.
Ad2. For example I was upgrading my power plant from coal to oil one. I buy some coal, tons of water, then build some coal power plants, then buy some heat vents and build first oil power plant. Finally I buy some oil (and water) and wait till coal power plants will run out of fuel. I have no coal, so I expect that my vents for coal plants will work for nothing, so I buy some oil plants and everything is producing too much heat. Simple calculation says: no possibility to produce so much heat, except coal power plants are still working, producing heat from nothing and not producing energy.
Ad 3. I have a D: disk with GBs of free space (as well C: disk). Should I define the path somewhere?
I am waiting for updates! :)
I like the game very much. I like the idea of partly idle game. It is hard to start the game and it is hard to move forward at some points, but it is worth it.
1. Unfortunately it is easy to have game over when you pausing the game. Why? Because the "reactor" is still going. (Workaround: stop the reactor, then pause the game)
2. Also it is strange that power plants are producing heat when they run out of fuel.
3. Lack of savegame (the button exists but it cause an error) is also giving the game harder mode.
4. And the last one: I have spot a sequence of price for expanding batteries: 1k -> 20k -> 400k -> 20k -> 400k, while "normal" behaviour was 1k -> 20k -> 20k -> 400k.
Except those bugs the game was great and I want to finish it by building higher tier of buildings on hard mode.
Also I have a question: do you consider auto-selling energy when you produce heat instead of energy? Think about this mechanics: you are auto-selling energy (with f.e. 20% of efficiency instead standard 40%), but you are also producing heat. So still it is better to manually sell the energy, but idling is also possible.
The game has potential, but for sure it needs some additional things. For example after making some coins and expanding production to huge amounts the game is pointless. Making more difficult to gain something more will be good to it. For example you can expand machine placement a bit for a huge amount of coins (& start with smaller space), add/remove machines for coins, and for sure when you delete a machine you shouldn't gain 100% resources. 50% or 0% can be OK here too.
Thank you for your replay.
3 & 4: yes, blue button helped much. But hmm... probably the UI can be a bit better here. Maybe adding small icons of what is changed next to bill icon?
For example, now in one of my cities I can build Arsenal. It takes 8 rounds and it will cost (as I understand) 0 money per round when finished. From blue question mark I know that it will change (add) defence by 8 and life by 25 (of city?). Probably I need to go through the tutorial one more time, to be sure :). Anyway, is it possible to add two icons next to the bill icon about what will change? Will it take much coding time?
5. I will send an e-mail to you. Hope to have some time for that :).
I had to reopen the game and I have missed some things. But I will send that through the e-mail.
The game seems to be a good idea, but I can see a few things to improve:
1. You destroy trees & stones, but you don't gather them
2. I was able to gather some berries, but I couldn't eat them
3. Where can I find some water? Rain would be perfect :)
4. How to escape/fight with the reptiles?
5. Sometimes I got a glitch. I could went inside into a stone or go through a dino.
6. And there was a problem with using multiplayer and friend invitation (please double check connections)
7. Sometimes I had plain island, without any trees or stones. I think that it was because (temporary) slow internet connection. Consider catching data.
Hope the game will expand, because it seems to be a very good idea :)
I was playing the game for a while and I enjoyed it very much! As I can see it is Civilisation copy and it is not too bad.
Unfortunatelly I got some bugs:
1. If you pick "smallest" map generation, the game will stuck because the map has 0 length in one dimension. Workaround here is: never pick smallest world.
2. Negotiations with AI are not clear. I got information that I have to pay and the AI has to pay at the same time. I don't understand why.
3. There is lack of data about buildings: if it is a one-time monument or casual building.
4. About buildings: I had only a few info what building will do. I am not sure if it is because translation to my language is not completed or there was no info about that.
5. And translations: I was very surprised (in a good way) that the game was translating to my native language and it detected it from the OS, but not every part is translated. Is it possible to contribute with that?
As I said before, the game is very good and I hope that there will be a progress with developing it!
I got how to create ships and rockets and what are the results of my actions. Also I have found this game very slow. (Slow progress and I don't know how to make it faster.)
I don't know what "Theme" part in description influence the game. :/
Except that the game is quite good and only save files are missing.
Sometimes I spot a bug in the game. With current version (3) for Windows, I was able to run the tutorial map. When I wanted to make a game without tutorial texts (skipped), my game crashes. Tested 3 times. To reproduce:
1. Start tutorial and skip the texts.
2. Place two train stations near forester and sawmill and join them by rail
3. Start a train route: select first station, fill with wood, select another station
Then the game crashes.
There is a workaround: if I don't select the wood, the route is done normally.
The game has potential, but it needs some smoothing:
1. I was unable to gather stone.
2. Some objects were awful-paint-graphic (consider updating them as soon as possible).
3. Placing walls was with no blueprint. And you can't go back with it.
4. Also you can jump on two walls on each other. So no real fortress here.
5. Another thing was with food and drink - you can't produce any.
6. And you can't swim over the sea. Instead you are going down to the bottom of the map.
Hope you will develop more and update something soon. I would like to see the result! :)
I enjoyed the idea of the game. After a few plays I knew basics about it and finally I won the game. There is a lot of space for improvement, but current state of it is playable and enjoyable!
Hope there will be more content!
Also I have a question about "demo" version: do you have a final version or only this demo?
And I have a few ideas:
1. Adding a clock or something to show where the sun is (once I haven't noticed that the night was there and I lost)
2. Maybe adding some messages between NPCs and the player (to show their needs and results)
3. Also maybe adding a "peasant" to help yourself with managing the place (then you can go for a journeys
I tried to download and unpack files, but my unzip program called that there is an error. Provided files are insufficient to run the game. I can find .exe file and some other files, but at least one pack is missing. Can you upload the zip file one more time and double check if there is no mistake there?
I have downloaded the game and tried it. I don't know how to zoom in/out and how to place any building. Also I don't know if I will be able to play without middle mouse button. Can you help me?
Yes, that works fine.
I have tried to play the game and I have found several issues:
1. Some text are in your language (i guess Portuguese?). Consider translating it into English or make the game in your language. Mixing both is not the perfect solution ;) . 2. Mechanics of ships speed is a bit strange. Consider adding some kind of speed? Because first player can conquer all the planets easily and fast. 3. Also "create" button seems not to work as expected. Sometimes I push the button and nothing happen with the resources, sometimes I can create all the ships I want. 4. Moving button. If you stop above the planet, you can't push this button any way. You can see, but the planet is more important then. I think that it should be the other way. 5. Also attacking/defending part is a bit strange to me. I had 3 ships near biggest planet and attacked by 2 of them and both of ships were destroyed. I don't know if it should work like that.
And my feelings about the game idea: I think that it is a good idea, some variation about standard turn-based game on a board. I liked it. But finding the winning strategy should be not too hard. If the mechanics is as easy as I can see, it should be quite easy to find best solution after few games. Anyway, I think that you made very good game! Hope the program will be polished a bit in near future!
This comment is my point of view and I can be wrong sometimes :) .
I have found 5 bad and 2 sad endings. I haven't found a "happy end". Is it a bug?
But apart of that, I liked the idea of this game! It is something new to me: going back in time plus not linear plot. And everything is with your imagination. Impressive mix!
Game is too easy. Really. You can win it with simple one military building and losing first floor is very hard. I have played it for a quarter and I don't feel very relaxed of playing it. Sorry.
Probably your next games will be better? Make it a bit harder or complex.
Now the problem is solved. I finally can jump anywhere in range. Also generating world is much faster (few seconds instead of minute). Progress! :)
Now I have question about any missions or other way to gain money: how to do that?
Buying and selling resources is not very efficient (in the beginning) and I have to remember all the prices I used. I remember that in Port Royale games you had "mean price of owning wares" that helped to sell something with profit.
Anyway, great game!
The game is a good idea. I would like to see its development.
And I have spot a few bugs:
1. After leaving and loading the world, only one crater (box) appear. All the others are lost. Don't know if it is only for this item/building or not.
2. After a while I was mixing with stones (moving stones to hand, to box, to hand...) and once I have realized that I have made up several stones. It can happen only when you have 100+ stones at once. And I don't know exactly how to reproduce that.
3. I don't know how to throw away any item. You can be stuck once you don't have any place to create new box.
4. Also I don't know what to do with a bucket and barrel. I guess that it is not implemented yet.
5. The same with thousands of stones and second type of wood.
6. I think that giving less stones and grass food will help the balance.
Hope you will improve the game! It has the potential.
Game has great potential, but with large brain I have spot two problems:
1. Consider using decimals instead of float numbers. I have reached number of points like 12345.5999993.
2. With my large brain I sent 6 pulses and then is a large gap, because I reach max pulse limit. This is partly imbalance here.
Hope you will develop more of it!
I have also played for a long time (idling). I have reached a spot when the background calculations aren't fast enough to proceed the simulation. I have seen point moving and stopping, then after a while moving again. It isn't pretty. I guess that simulating the movement of points itself is not the best idea. My guess is that simulating whole system as one object would be better and can be optimized there.
Current version available is rather prototype. After long time I got how to land. But after all I couldn't play much. There is no possibility to move the ship to another planet. After a "month" of lightspeed journey the game slowed down and stopped and nothing happen any more. No planet, no journey, nothing.
I downloaded most updated version of Java plus Stardust without JAVA.
I don't know which version you have played, but in my I can't reset the progress. I can't start over :( . So once you are playing it gets you a bit bored after a while. And when you have plenty of money and upgraded train, you definitely wants a reset ;) .
The game is ok. I liked it. But it is rather for a quarter or two, not for a 3 hours of game. Short break plus some piano (Chopin?) music is quite relaxing :).
6. Placement of basic resources, then the rest exists. You have 3 levels of buildings. I was rather thinking about something like in Settlers (or their remakes like Widelands): you place a building, then it is built and it takes a while. Then it can produce.
I know that this is very code-expensive part, but it is very pretty and from human position there is a progress of building up everything.
Of course it is only my opinion and it is not mandatory. Your game is good already :).
The game has a good idea and it remembered me few other games.
But there are a few problems with the game:
1. Roads should be placed without multiple clicking. It should be like holding a mouse button and dragging over the map.
2. There is definitely too much resources at the beginning of the game (wood & stone) .
3. Also gold income/outcome is too fast. I spent too much time to build some houses and almost run out of gold. But when I built houses, the situation was opposite: I had way too much gold.
4. Warehouses (in my opinion) should have a bit larger influence range. They are quite a big buildings and I had to place them almost in every spot where I produced something.
5. There is a problem with CPU usage when you have some buildings. I had them about 40 and the FPS dropped to a very low value. I don't know why. Similar games haven't got such a problem and they are a bit more complex.
6. I can feel that there is no building-up sequence. That is something I miss here. It is rather optional and my "feeling" about the game.
7. The map... It is just the same and it contains some wall system. Next time consider removing such artefacts from release version ;) .
Hope you will build up the game! I really would like to see progress here! :)
The game looks fine. I played a few times before I got the point what should I do first to win it. The idea is also very nice and only small tweaking can be done (but it is not necessary). For most of the time I had wood shortage and buildable terrain shortage.
1. When you start the game second time, You can't place the castle second time. To workaround it you have to close the game (complete exit) and reboot it. Then it is normal.
2. Removed stones are only removed. The spot is not buildable area. And the stones don't respawn (haven't noticed any). So I don't know why I can't place a building on that spot.
3. Once I have noticed that I had some workers and some empty buildings but the workers didn't go to the buildings. I don't know how to reproduce that.
1. Possibility to destroy buildings. If you accidentally place a building, the worker goes there and you can't restore the place and worker.
2. Savegame is also a good idea, but not necessary (since the game is quite a short). But if you consider make another "levels"/"missions", please consider savegames.
Hope you will upgrade the game! :)
The game needs bugfixing.
Sometimes I got resources below zero only because of events. They pulled resources twice!
Also I don't understand why I am punished of holding resources. In events I lose 90% of resources too many times.
On Firefox I coudn't play it well. The FPS was about 1.
After changing the web browser engine, the game was playing well for a while and after some time it completely stops and nothing was going forward.
Also the AI is not playing well. It doesn't attack and build up at all.