That's probably because nobody was online and a0.5 doesn't have NPC's.
Recent community posts
That bug popped up at least three time now. Kubik (?) and I tested it thoroughly back when he had it and it was like this:
|Kubik's server||jrb0001's server|
|Kubik||failed always||worked always|
|jrb0001||worked always||worked always|
So I can't see how that can be related to a network issue.
You have to be in that directory or the script probably won't work (can't find it so I can't check it). Use "cd <directory>" to change the current directory to the directory where that script is and then type "StartClientConsole.bat".
I could host the game for you. I have no idea how playable it is on my strong server, but I could also run it on the tachyonuniverse one (which works as long as there aren't 140 inactive + 1 active players at spawn). All my servers are running 24/7 but the strong server will have a scheduled downtime this weekend because of a hardware upgrade.
That thread is way too big to find anything. Are the guides on the wiki (https://tachyongame.miraheze.org/wiki/Guides/Add_new_Ship, https://tachyongame.miraheze.org/wiki/Guides/GenShips) still valid?
1. The server has been listed in the OP in the megathread on the FTL forums since a0.1.
2. How can you tell it to somebody that many things he wrote are wrong without being rude? I hate marketing bla bla so I had to write such a (rude) reply. I see that you modified the OP and all wrong information is gone.
3. As a server admin, you should always inform your (future) players about important things. If the server is down for more than a few minutes, you should announce that as soon as possible.
4. If you need any help hosting the server, just ask me.
5. I think the biggest problem is that the community is split into two parts: The megathread on the FTL forums and the forum here on itch.io. I didn't check this forum in the last 6 months and some / many players don't know about the megathread at all.
Unable to connect.
I present to you, the Biggest
Nope, the database of my server currently has 474 players.
(and onlyest) Tachyon Server!
I played on at least 4 different servers: My old one, my current one, the CBT one and one from another player to check issues / bugs.
Server Always uses the latest version
My current server runs on a0.5.1 because that's the last one which allows players to join later. The a0.6.x / a0.7.x series is strongly story based and thus unusable for an MMO type of server.
In case somebody else finds this threads and can't connect to your server, the address to mine is "tachyonuniverse.692b8c32.de" (Port 30303). There is also a automatic launcher: https://static-692b8c32.de/tachyonuniverse/
The United Fleets of The Unity and The RSP are looking for additional crew!
While preparing for the largest battle in our history, The United Fleets needs new crew to man it's brand new ships.
Have you ever dreamt of flying your own battleship? Of shooting around in space and saving the universe? Of helping a huge fleet to succeed?
Then it's your time!
Apply now, our final battle will begin on sunday, 2016-08-14 at 10:00 UTC and we need as much crew as we can get!