I really appreciate the kind words
Recent community posts
Yea, you have a great start here, I went through some of your code(you should avoid publicly releasing development builds if you wish to hide the code better, development builds have everything needed to debug and look at them for code issues) and would love to provide some general tips about C# and unity if you ever care to hear about them. The discord server for my level editor is the best way to reach me :)
To those that need some help, here is a walkthrough:
1) Go to the left and talk to the guard. Kill one enemy, move to the right and heal yourself, repeat till you have 50 gold and get the blacksmith upgrade.
2) Repeat this step killing two enemies on the left until you have 280 gold, remember that the blacksmith also heals you when you have enough, also pick up three potions from the healer. (p key)
3) Head left and talk to the guard, get as far as you can and check the body, then run back to the guard. Talk to the left guard to complete the quest. Heal yourself and get three more potions.
4) Now head right and talk to the guard, go as far as you can without dying, you should be able to kill on green goblin creature before running back to camp. If you see the body on the ground use up near it and head back to the guard to claim your reward.
5) Heal up and get three potions, move to the left as FAR as you can go, you will likely die. This is ok as it resets the enemies to a better state.
6) If you died, head to the right and kill as much as you can, then heal and buy three potions heading to the left. Repeat this till you can get to the left town. Spawns make this hard and your timing matters.
7) If successful, you will be at a new town, heal up and get three potions. Carefully go right till one enemy spawns (near the body), farm these enemies till you have enough gold to buy armor upgrade for shield.
8) Talk to the guard and then move left, talking to the druid. Return to the guard for the final reward. The druid will provide necklace information in a particular order. (Triangle, Solid, Black)
9) Grind using step 7 until you have 1000 gold, then finally head to the right.
10) Heal up and buy three potions, move to the right, using shield against green goblins.
11) At the final boss, move quick, striking the stones in the order provided by the druid, you can kill the blue shooters for a limited time, have fun!
Hey, just to let you know you need the data folder unity builds, not just the exe. Keep up your work, and consider remapping shield to a different key, as webgl down gets interpreted as scroll down on some browsers
Hey, I know you wanted to do a limited run at the $3.99, however people often don't scroll down to special rewards for a price reduction. It would be a really good idea to instead run it as a time limited sale using itch.io tools so people see up and front it is regularly $9.99 but for.. say 2 days it is $3.99
That way more people will click through, as itch market is very small for higher priced games.
The difficulty bar has moved up significantly for a first exposure to the game. The only winning strategy I could find was to buy nothing on the first day besides coal, then purchasing one bio fuel plant. Next purchase being one water and then mix of the two renewables.
I want this to succeed but please consider methods to reduce the overall difficulty of this level. This may be the only contact some have with the game, and it is rather hard.
I think they look swell, but please consider making it more obvious which is on and which is off for those that are green weak in vision. For some forms of color blindness there is no way to tell which is by the use of the same luminosity in the red and green.
You can set it so that users that are using itch app to properly auto update when you release a patch using unity super build and butler. It does proper versioning and creates kb sized patch files for games that adjusts the contents. And you don't have to manually put the files up on itch.
Instead of raring your own files, you can set up unity builder to create and upload for you to itch, and users get auto updates and no extract needed. I am also a unity dev and can show you how if you like, but it is so much easier than manually putting up builds.
Howdy, an update has been released to the editor that should correct this issue, if you still occurs after updating please get in contact with me over on the map editor, I have opened up the community to allow bug reporting.