Updates will continue here on itch no matter where else we sell Weapon Master Vr.
You choose which one is best for you with no worries :D.
You need to make sure you are using the correct animBP. I have fixed this before with that asset. Basically since the Anim_BP that comes with Hands for VR SciFi has the same name as the epic one, if you point to the wrong one in your skeletal mesh properties then you get the issue you describe.
Glad you were able to figure this out.
We hope to have 1.1 out by the end of July.
- Add the ability to jump and fall if desired (better, more robust ground detection logic)
- Split inventory (note this does not mean holsters) into its own object that can be saved and loaded on its own.
- Misc object holster
- actual holster meshes (not just boxes )
- Bug fixes
- Oculus Rift button mappings
- Orient the hand when grabbing a slide or charging handle for more immersion
-Ability to switch weapon between hands
- Class that handles all inventory logic
- Load and save inventory values
- UI changes to make life easier
- This class will eventually handle the "Backpack" logic in 1.2
- Option for Simple or Advance Magazines
- Simple Magazines work like they do currently
- Advanced magazines load physical bullets into arrays that allow you to have different types of bullets, of the same caliber, in the same magazine (EX. Hollow point and FMJ). Bullets can be fully visible (meaning all bullets have a mesh in the mag), or only top 2 visible (performance mode).
- Version 1.0 of stripper clips will be added. They will attach and then an animation will play for loading the bullets before detaching.
- Option to grab magazines instead of auto eject (ex. MP5 mag handling)
- Both beginning and ending rotating bolt logic for bolt action rifles and guns like the MP5/G3.
- clean up of bolt logic to remove extraneous bool values (less chance for errors).
- 2 new attachment points (GripAttachments, BarrelAttachments)
- Recoil Improvements
- stats effected by attachments
- Add modes system for more arcade like guns (think space pirate trainer
- 2 new attachment points (Same as above)
- Recoil improvements
- stats effected by attachments
- Expansion of bow logic
- ability to fire different types of arrows (fire, normal, explosive, etc)
- additional options for rumble and sound
- additional sounds
- complete rework of the scope attachments so that they actually look, and function like real scopes
- hopefully the addition of parallax to force accurate head placement (less like a camera)
- Multiple zoom levels
- Addition of red dot and holographic 1x sights
- Foregrip attachments that increase stability
- Working Bipod that functions like the inverse of 2 handed firearm gripping
- attaches to viable surfaces that are not too sloped, and detaches if the main hand gets too far away from the weapon grip.
- will attach to the grip attachment socket just like the Grip Attachments and launcher attachments.
- activated by trigger interaction.
- Grenade Launcher that attaches to the grip area.
- Both stabilizes and allows firing of a single grenade before needing to reload.
- Addition of laser attachment
- Expansion of light attachment
- Zeroing logic
- Addition of Canted Red Dot as an "Ironsight" (for use with scopes).
- Barrel Attachments can effect sound and weapon stats
- Suppressors that work correctly (need subsonic ammo to be silenced but will still suppress supersonic ammo)
- Will set the type of muzzle flash and fire sound.
MP5 (Premium Weapon Example)
Bolt Action Sniper Rifle (stripper clip fed)
Modular SciFi Gun (Basic Firearm example gun)
Note: The MP5 is meant to be an example of the quality of guns that will come in our future weapon packs that will be sold separately from Weapon Master.
I am so glad I was able to help, and thank you so much for your kind words! Feel free to check us out at our UE4 forum page when you get the chance. Its the most active right now https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?133543-Weapon-Master-VR-(Upcoming-complete-VR-Weapon-System)
Question: What do you have the skeletal mesh parented to?
There are a few ways to add a body to the player character that will work depending on what you are going for.
1. Go into the dummy mover blueprint and set your skeletal mesh to the one that is part of that heirarchy. The Dummy Mover is just a regular character BP like the ones found in the Epic's Third Person and First Person templates.
2. Parent it to root of BP_VRCharacter and set its location and rotation in Event Tick of BP_VRCharacter.
3. Parent to the same capsule that the inventory objects are parented to in BP_VRCharacter.
I would not parent to the HMD at all.
I should add that I have not tested this yet, I was planning on adding an optional player body as a feature in 1.1 or 1.2. It may require some more scripting to get it to function correctly.
Your npcs need to target the BP_AI_Target for right now, in the future they will be targeting the dummy mover. Is that how you have them set up?
If you have them targeting the player actor (which is how most targeting is done in Unreal due to how they have the AI blueprints set up) they will shoot at the center of the roomscale playspace because that is were the "Player Actor" technically is. This could be to left or right of you depending on where you are standing.
This is where Epic's definition of "actor" and roomscale VR don't exactly mesh up. To fix this we need to spawn a targeting actor (in my examples the BP_AI_Target) and move it along with the camera's position in the roomscale playspace (The player's position). This is done by default with Weapon Masters character.
If you go into the BP_AI_Target you can turn on it's sphere collision components visibility to make sure it is following you correctly. This can be helpful in debugging the issue. At this point your AI just need to know that they should be looking for this AI_Target actor and not the player actor. Make sure to show your AI's attack line traces so you can see where they are trying to aim (also great for debugging). Once we figure out what they are aiming at it will be easier to see what the issue is.
Are you using your own AI or an asset AI? When I get home today I can show you where in the zombie AI I set the Target they are looking for, maybe this will be similar with your AI and an easy fix!
Weapon Master VR 1.0.1 Patch Notes
BP_PhysicalMagazineFirearm and BP_SimpleFirearm
BP_MeleeAI_Character (Name Changed)
Version 1.0.2 is up next, and will include some cleanup that epic wants us to do before market place release along with a few new features, and whatever fixes come up. I will talk about this more in the near future. Tutorials will also start to pop up on our youtube channel over the next week so stay tuned. Please remember to give as much feedback as possible!
After 1.0.2 is finished, and Epic accepts it, we will start on the big 1.1 update that will include new features including bolt action weapons, advanced scopes, red dot sights, more attachments, attachments affecting weapon stats, simple firearm improvements and more.
Yes, that will be a feature we support in the future. We are trying to get some trackers so we can add it in, once we get some I will begin doing so. As for when, well that depends on if we get some through a developer deal we are trying right now, otherwise it will have to wait until we can afford them :P.
Thanks so much for the feedback. The patch coming out tomorrow should start to do some of what you have asked. I will be constantly simplifying and streamlining things as we go. The inventory right now is sort of a working prototype. In the future I want to have something way more user friendly, possibly something with a UI backpack as well for carrying items. I will look into splitting it off into its own thing.
Be sure to check out version 1.0.1 we are dropping tomorrow. It improves and changes a lot.