Recent community posts
Yeah this is definitely not a educational game unless you're trying to learn how to talk shit in bogan.
A reviewer, back when it was on Steam, allegedly was the parent of a child with autism who got it for them and was thanking me for the teaching material and i'm just | ಠ _◺ ಠ|
I think it would be useful to sellers and buyers if when someone wants to buy something but not at the current asking price, they could register to be alerted of sales/pricedrops. Would also want them to register a price at which they would like to pay, that way sellers could be given data of how many potential buyers are waiting on a sale/pricedrop and at what pricepoints to help inform creation of sales or price adjustments.
I never got the use of ages. Of course there's legal ages for different things in different places at different thresholds (way too many to keep up with) and there's outright bans of things in some places. It seems to me it would be simpler to just have opt-ins for various types of content where the user has to confirm that the content is legal for them.... especially when there are so so many different types of content that is regulated around the world https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a
The current method will still be available I hope.
I for one don't think it's creators responsibility to take the hit for countries deciding to roll regressive taxation and doing so prevents people from being irritated with their government for doing such things which they absolutely should be.
December 17 2017 - version 9
Because many of the changes in this update involve the procgen, this version has drastically different starting conditions and the saves of previous versions will no longer function. I'll be keeping around v8 for download for anyone who misses TK.
- Player is now appraised of trust changes post-election.
- Rush the Vote box color now represents who will win the vote.
- Rushing a losing bill to a vote will now clear all threats/promises you made that bill.
- Refined avatar generation to better represent the demographics of the State.
- Added new flavortext for Bill results (Republican Whip now comments on your wins too).
- Refined button texts to ease assessment of actions and prevent text overflow.
- Refined button colors to ease assessment of actions.
- Added new Bills that do cool things...
- A one chance (Bill 11) Puerto Rico statehood bill which changes the states in congress.
- Anti/Pro-Lobbyist bills which decreases/increases lobby influence after enactment.
- Electoral Fairness/Security bills which produces more/less reps who's views align with their state.
- Can no longer force the vote on budget bills.
- Budget Riders (on passed budgets) now effect election funding, where the differential between D and R riders is how much funding must be given away from the party with more Riders.
- Added Riders highlight buttons for Reps that are drafting riders and reps that created riders.
- Refined Republican Whip AI to abuse Pork when able and other useful moves while ahead in the count rather than doing nothing.
- Fixed bug where force vote button would stick around after use.
- Fixed bug where riders would cause opinion percentages to go outside of bounds.
- Fixed misgendered pronouns in text.
- Fixed bug where pork and concessions could not be used on the same rep over multiple bills.
"Ratings sell. "
I really doubt ratings have much of any effect on purchases. People generally know if they're interested in something the moment they see it, they're not combing through scores to decide what their opinion is.
Creators are always in need of promotion and critics/promoters are seemingly always in need of reliable revenue streams.
itchio could bridge that gap by allowing people to create storefronts (like collection pages) which adds a cut or tip on to the product's price for them. Conceptually identical to running an actual store. This should give promoters a reliable revenue stream (reliable in the sense of them actually knowing the causation of how and why they are getting money -- their fans buying games through their storefront -- rather than the nebulous causation of syndicated advertising) and incentivize them to a more symbiotic relationship with more creators than what other funding incentives.
The creator and promoter never need to interact for this to take place so it dodges any idea of conflict of interest.
As far as vectors for abuse of a system like this... creators having opt-in control should be more than enough. Maybe a limit to the amount of profit that can be made on top of an original price if you want to be extra diligent.
June 28 2017 - version 7
- Fixed leftover bug from caucus saves fix which made leader links fail after loaded from a save.
- Fixed a bug where the minimum vote threshold for a bill pass would sometimes be 1 below the actual minimum.
- Separated counts of Bills Introduced and Bills Won in top status to prevent confusion.
- Added Consecutive Wins count to top status.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a vote that had been secured by a ~dark secret force~ would return to being undecided.
- Fixed a bug where changing election funds back to zero in a race would not update election projections.
- Changed Impeachment scenario to take precedence over Budget Bills.
Whip the Vote is procedurally generated. New Game always starts on the same Bill but beyond the first election things will tend to get significantly different. Sometimes you may not be able to solve a Bill (although it's fairly difficult to calculate with so many variables). That's why per-Bill saves are provided so you can always back up a few Bills (or restart) if you're stuck
June 08 2016
- Fixed some cases of text overflowing buttons.
- Fixed bug where dirt drops from the police chief wouldn't function properly for secondary reps.
- Changed coloring of Election profiles and Alt Rep profiles to blacken the name box when you have dirt on a Rep
- Changed coloring of Rep profiles to blacken the name box when you have forced submission of a Rep.
- Changed seat buttons to include an asterisk when you have a dirt on a Rep or Alt Rep
- Changed Election state buttons to no longer have black names for when a dirty Rep is involved, only for contested seats
- Added Trump into the game as the instigator of Impeachments (win 6 bills in a row to activate).