Feedback for Drift Delivery V0.7:
First of all - I just wanted to say, this game is brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. Yet another amazing mechanic, its start to become the norm from your games.
I'm going to break it into two parts, what I enjoyed and what I would improve upon. I'll also attach a video of my gameplay, I recommend not downloading it because its quite a big file and instead streaming it in browser.
What I enjoyed:
- The mechanic. It was great. I start off terrible, finished slightly less terrible. Which is okay, because I could feel myself getting better (which is the important part).
- The tutorial. Very clear, objectives were also very well highlighted.
- The CAKE. Beautiful, the soft body physics, the falling apart. Brilliant piece of conflict to prevent the player drifting as hard as they can with precious cargo. (Even though I dropped mine immediately).
- Being towed out of water. Oddly satisfying?
- The attention to detail, running out fuel, towing, etc made it all feel like a well thought out game.
- Loved the progression as the days go by, bridge being built and the map being expanded. Show the player in a smaller area and then give them more and more to do. Brilliant.
- The downhill intro road, great for warming up and getting into it.
- Interactive start menu was very nice.
What I would improve upon:
- The tutorial test blended with the shadow too much making it hard to read. I eventually just went with the visual aids not the UI.
- I'd make the timer for the days going by count down and not up - I didn't know if that the days ended at first. By the third day I could tell slightly by the lighting.
- The payout for missions could be slightly higher, I was spending more on fuel than I was making. (I'm also just not good at the game).
- The edges of the bridge didn't have colliders.