I mostly meant in the summer since that would be the hottest time. But heck. Why not both lightning storms AND fires. But when I say it starts a fire, there would be some sort of sound cue as it starts to heat up, then, if the player doesn't douse it with water in time, it grows. the whole raft won't go up in flames though. I mentioned that the lower floor is safe since it is actually touching the water.
Recent community posts
Yeah. The game is fun, but for only those few moments in the beginning. It is lacking a LOT. It's a good concept that shouldn't be held down to the current state that it is at, or anywhere near, for that matter. I am not saying it should be some gold tier kind of game, but it has potential to be a good fun game for longer than an hour; which is about the time it takes to do everything. Maybe 20mins if you're familiar with the game. Where it's at right now is good. It's free, and with the nameing of the price for the buyer, it lets people try it to see what it offers. Later on, they should charge, but it is too bare-bones to have a real set price for it.
- The problem I have is that it is way too easy and pretty much dies off after an hour of gameplay. It would be challenging if the stuff actually deteriorated over time. Once you build something, it will last forever, which takes away from the survival point of the game. Maybe stuff should have a certain number of uses.
- Is there a way to add a day/night cycle? Maybe everything goes pitch black at night, or some nights, and you need a lantern. Or maybe a thick fog, so that it can be random.
- Maybe have the sun begin to give sunburn over time, and the player needs to go under a second floor or stairs to avoid a heatstroke. The sun could also cause fires on upper floors (Because the bottom floor is touching water) and needs to be put out with water. (Salt or Drinkable)
- Are ladders possible?
- As the player adds more stuff onto their raft, it starts to sink? It forces them to build more levels. And it keeps them from making the raft out further. I was able to make a bridge on the water, but stopped after a while since it was a little odd to be able to make it out so far. The limit of stuff would also keep people from making the raft out so far.
- How crazy did you want to go with the game? Like... 'lore'-wise? Maybe add things in the distace. Weird things. Loud Kraken sounds from below. A ship in the far distance. Red eyes. No explanations.
- Random bottles with messages. Add all kinds of silly stories or messages. Maybe some chilling stuff. You slowly get bottle messages from someone you can't see, and they talk about their experience. Maybe use bottles and wood with scrap to make a telescope.
- Stockpiling food attracts... something? More sharks, pirahnas, a mysterious creature?
- Maybe more to come, who knows.