You can check this thread, where all community creations are listed :)
Recent community posts
There’s no system for that for now, but that could be really useful 👍 Only problem is how I store these rules in the Json: my current method don’t allow multiple values per pattern cell. I’ll have to figure out first how to do that in a clean fashion 🤔
A typical use-case of “pure” auto-layers:
- all your collisions are stored in a “Collision” IntGrid layer,
- you use some rules to paint all the basic stuff in this layer
- you create a “background” layer which is a “pure” auto-layer. It uses the Collisions layer values as source, and maybe another tileset for rendering.
- you add some specific rules in this layer to paint your background. In the layer stack, it’s also really behind, which is better for your game integration :)
Hi and welcome :)
There’s a much more simple way to do them: https://youtu.be/choTrlkcwEg
Walls & ladders
Here is an example of how to do it: https://youtu.be/jv6F2mIpxWY
Note: you should keep empty spaces empty, or use the “Anything” special value which means “There should be any value in specified cell” or “There should be no value at all here”.
Hi! It looks like a driver issue 🤔 Could you please try the following:
- update your graphic card driver,
- make sure that, if your computer has 2 graphical cards (eg. laptops), that RPG Map uses the best one and not the basic onboard card (you should be able to change that from the card settings)
- try the OpenGL version of RPG Map if nothing else work.
First of all, let me thank everyone of you for your amazing support with RPG Map :)
I posted a short roadmap to talk about the future of RPG Map. Don't worry, it'll be nice! You can read it here: https://deepnight.net/blog/roadmap/
Feel free to discuss about it below.
TLDR: release on Steam & rework completely to support all desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux), no release date yet.
The web version partially works on mobile/tablet devices, but there are some big issues, like the virtual keyboard not showing up :/ I'd definitely like to have better support for these platforms, but my priorities for now are on new features & critical fixes. So I can give you any release date for a tablet update for now, sorry!
My bad! Yes characters/NPCs will be completely redone for the next major update 17. They almost haven't changed since the early versions 😊
This will include text colors among many other things.