Have you tried using the itch.io app? That might help if your download is being interrupted.
Bearded Ninja Games
Recent community posts
1. Yes, you will be able to set patrol points for placeable NPC's in the next update (1.8). You can use the NPC Spawner (red skull icon) to connect to Waypoints as well. I'm also working on adding a zombie NPC that spits acid, a fast/sprinting zombie, and a giant zombie, to add variety.
2. You can connect waypoints to other waypoints so enemies can move as far as you'd like. You can even have them loop back. So if you have 3 waypoints, you can connect 1 to 2, 2 to 3, then 3 back to 1. This is how you make a railroad track as well.
3. Not sure I quite understand the question. I am going to redo the tutorial completely, though. For example, there is an electrical system where you can use the wrench to connect batteries, switches, motors, etc. It's really cool and hasn't really been explained yet.
Thanks again! Your feedback pushes me to get out updates more quickly :)
Hi there grimdawn122. Sorry for the late reply, I've been on out of town and just got this notification.
To answer your questions :
1. Yes, definitely! Getting it polished and bug free is my main priority. I would also like to have a better tutorial in place before releasing to Steam EA as well.
2. I plan on launching themed, free updates. For example, a water update might add ships, pirate characters, and island set pieces. An FPS update might add more weapons, game modes, and enemy types.
For the enemies, you can currently change the model, weapons, and faction, but there are more immediate plans to customize behavior, dialogue, and things of that nature.
3. Absolutely. There are already waypoints in place (see the FPS Tower Defense showcase world for an example), but I'm not so sure about specific animations. The goal is to have each piece be pretty modular. For example, the waypoints can be used for NPC routes, but they can also be used to create railroad tracks, and moving platforms.
4. I've thought about custom quests quite a bit, and I think that feature is farther off. I just can't think of a good way to allow for quests other than "Kill X enemies" or "Reach This Destination", which seems limiting. I may end up adding some sort of scripting system so that advanced users can mod the system to their liking. If you have any ideas for this I'm all ears!
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! I'm on Discord and the community is pretty active there if you want to keep up to date.
The next update will have much better pathfinding, and you can even place down a wave spawner to create waves of enemies that will attack the player. This will be a pretty big update, just need to polish some of the multiplayer functionality before I release it here.
Thanks for the message!
I do not currently have any plans to support 3d model import, but that could change in the future. As long as the files aren't very large and can be realistically synchronized over the network for multiplayer, I don't see why not.
The game is currently single player and multiplayer with no account needed. The multiplayer is currently co-operative, but I am working on competitive modes as well that is two updates away. New update with bug fixes coming out shortly!
Thanks for your comment!
Hi there. I'll update it so that the neutral team won't attack the player unless attacked first. I'm working on a team mode where the player can select which team they are on (red vs blue), so the factions will be more applicable to the player. Should have an update out late this weekend, so keep an eye out!
The NPC's have a bow or sword that can be equipped. You can also change their faction (Red, Blue, Neutral) and they will attack or defend each other accordingly. Zombies are their own faction (anything with brains ;)
Still refining the platformer mechanics, but fps updates will come soon!
Thanks for the feedback! I've already gotten started on the bugs you pointed out - very helpful! A tutorial sounds like a must at this point as well.
The second level is by far the most difficult, and is meant to play like a Flappy Birds homage. It does get a little bit more interesting after you make it through the pillars. It is very difficult and requires precise timing of the jetpack. It does feel good once you master it, though!
I've played it a lot, and make it look easy ;)
Guns are currently experimental. They will be more refined during the zombies and tower defense update. Right now the priority is polishing up the platformer and adventure gameplay. For now you can place multiple NPC's (zombies, skeletons, etc.) and a pistol somewhere while in Edit mode. Then switch to Play mode (default is 'P' key) and you can now pick up any weapons and the NPC's will be active. I'll post a video on my youtube channel later on these new updates. Feel free to swing by the Discord channel, too.
I just uploaded a new version that will skip the update check if no internet is found, so you can play completely offline. Download the new version and let me know if you come across any issues. Thanks!
I am pleased to announce Super Voxel World is now available for free on itch.io! This is an early access title, with frequent updates and community discussions.
What is Super Voxel World?
Super Voxel World is a creative sandbox packed with features to help you unleash your imagination. Create 3d Platformers, First Person adventures, or just have fun playing with the editor. Featuring full online multiplayer and world sharing.
Check out the inital release video here :
Thank you for your time, and have fun!