Dread XP, as far as I know, is interested in making more titles for this IP! So it’s possible!
Recent community posts
There won’t be a stand-alone version because I technically don’t own the game— the collection does.
If you don’t want to miss out on seeing what happens, but aren’t interested in buying the other 11 games you can always watch a playthrough! There’s an excellent one by Jesse Cox here: https://youtu.be/hPaNpMti350
The full game isn't out yet!
And if you're getting the "No game found" error on any of the downloads for Mac, you have to move the file into a different folder. If it's in your downloads folder, move it to desktop. If it's in desktop, put in in applications, etc. Just anywhere besides where it is
Hey! Thanks for the reviews! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!
To address your cons:
1. Yep, that's been addressed in recent beta builds I believe. Thanks for the report!
2. Any repetition is just in the interest of making sure nobody gets left behind or confused by the story! Especially since sometimes people put the game down then come back to it-- I'd hate for them to be lost!
3. It's a little tricky! Generally speaking, you win by playing as many right-side-up cards as possible as quickly as possible, and all the tips you need are in the tutorials, which should be read carefully (and conveniently can be re-accessed via the pause menu!) Alternatively, there is also the 'Rebalanced' difficulty that makes combat a little easier! I am thinking about putting in some animated examples in the future to be a little more clear, though the updated demo that I brought to conventions has been pretty effective at being less confusing haha
Thanks for the playthrough too! Will have to check it out sometime
Interesting, I just checked it myself.
Apple recently added another step to publishing non-appstore games for MacOS that retroactively broke previously working versions of games. I'll take down the broken version for now, and I'll try to get a working version back online.
Thank you for your report!
Hey! Thanks for the bug report, that’s a really rare glitch that can pop up, working on trying to replicate it so it can be patched out. But as you said, closing and reopening the game always fixes the problem
Thanks again for your help
I just finished porting CHROMATOSE to Linux, so feel free to playtest! I could use any bug reports you come across since I can't playtest the port myself -- I'm running it on a virtual machine so I'm getting speeds of .02FPS and can't test the whole thing.
It's no bother!
And oh you have a new computer? How strange. No idea why the game is having problem with RAM then, but the thing I know for sure is that your computer can't handle prefetch scripts (The difference between the Steam and itch versions is when the prefect scripts are first used, at the hospital loading screen for itch, at the first battle for steam, exactly where you said your game crashed) so I removed prefetch scripts from your version. When I mean slow, I mean that when a big animation appears for the first time, your game might stutter a little bit, but then it'll go back to normal (this will usually only happen the first time you see things like "Space to enter door" or for battle animations. Beyond that you shouldn't see any difference)
Alright, thanks for the info, I know exactly what the problem is thanks to your in-depth report --
Your game is crashing wherever it hits a prefetch script -- whenever the game adds animations/textures to your computer's memory, and it's doing this because I suspect your computer does not have enough memory to run these prefetch scripts. So there's a few options available:
- Try playing the game on a different computer (if possible)
- I've made you a special build of the game that doesn't use any prefetch scripts, so the game will load assets as it arrives at them. This will cause the game to run slower whenever an animation appears for the first time per session, but it shouldn't outright crash anymore: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GxONn7KBXi-1xqS1-9PNddSQ2mJyKPna
- If all else fails, there is a fantastic stream of the whole demo so you don't have to miss out while I work on making the demo more accessible: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396103765
Dang, sorry to hear that. There's tons of art/animations in the game so it can be a little rigorous on slower computers sometimes.
I'll work on getting the game a little more optimized for slower computers -- there is however a FANTASTIC stream of the whole demo so you don't have to miss out in the meantime: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/396103765
Hello, thanks for the comment!
It sounds like your game is running dramatically slower than it's supposed to. I've watched a bunch of videos and live streams of the game, and there haven't been performance issues like this before like in this video . The sections you're describing as having problems are when the game is adding images to your computer's memory.
- Are you running the game from a D: drive? A user reported that when they tried running it from their D: partition, they had ridiculous load times on animations (10 sec+) but moving the game folder to C: and running it from there greatly improved performance.
- Are you using a particularly slow computer? That would affect how quickly the game can load animations.
- If neither of these work, what specs are you running + what version of the game do you have? This info might help me figure out what the problem is.
Noted! I’m rolling out updates every other week, so I’m addressing feedback over time. For now REBALANCED difficulty is a great way of getting to experience the story without getting bogged down in combat if you aren’t crazy about it ^^
If you’ve met Primadonna but haven’t completed her battle yet, your play through still has (in order, because of how you answered the opening questions):
-Defeat colossus (P’s boss)
-Unwind with P by talking to her after beating colossus
-Meet Lilith (game automatically brings you to her after beating either boss)
-Return to Quentin and beat her boss, Depth Knell
-Unwind with Quentin by talking to her after beating her boss
The average player takes about 2-3 hours to complete the entire demo ^^