Hi! I played with your Version 2.0. Thanks again for the plain version
- maybe you can use icons ♥♦♣♠ to replace the terms ? Or at least use them once, it could become a more "visual" game, easy to read. At the beginning, I made a mistake because I misunderstood how to progress in the year (played late at night and I was thinking each cards stack was an full year. Thankfully, your season's tables are clear and I understood the game system with these tables :) )
- spring table: links go to jon reviews website ; but with the title chart on the pdf, it was easy to find Season charts
- the character sheet is a good idea. I didn't print it but I copied itwith a pencil and helped me to understand all the necessary elements to put in the sheet (it's more easy to understand with a picture than with just text)
- I played first in silence and then with Faun songs : music gave an ambiance perfect to imagine my character in a mystical forest
- While reading your game, I saw two close games that you may know or you might love: A Quiet Year (writing season after season), and Après l'Accident (a french diary writing game about being alone in an unknown place after an accident). Your game has the specificity to be played in a place the character already know, but with new events; as if he saw the forest becoming more dangerous and change in front of his eyes, and that's pretty cool
first year in the life of Peter
I wrote my diary in French, so I'm writing here an English summary
character: I got Strong + Fey expert traits. The second one made me thing of Peter Pan (I saw again the recent movie yesterday so yeah that's a classic inspiration). I was thinking about a character named Peter (without last name), which grew up in the forest, near to faeries without knowing it. He's not totaly human but he doesn't know this fact. And he's strong because he likes climbing trees, but he's undernourished (to justify the -1 strength stat)
spring: [clean weather + fairy queen] Peter was walking around, he saw a wolf walking; he waited until the wolf was far away and then heard crying. He met the fairy queen.
summer: [clean + standard wolf + stealth] Peter often returns to the places where he saw the fairy. One day, he met with the wolf. He almost died, but the fairy came back to save him [Fairy Favor used].
fall: [rain + illness] Peter got sick. He sees his food stock decrease and it frightens him.
winter: [cold + quiet night] Peter rested. He's no longer sick and he is in better health. He has hope for next year.
stats at the end: 8/10 health / 2 foods. Health increase to MAX 11, then it decreases to MAX 10. That was a pretty quiet and "normal" year. Maybe newt year he will meet monsters ! :)