I am not really good with shmup, the last one I played was Tyrian 2000 decades ago, so I'm definitely not the intended target audience, but I have to say this game is wild! On my initial play through, I was not sure what was happening as I collected the first set of people. and that's when the action kicked in. Fast game play, cheesy music, fantasy art - felt like the right concoction.
Couple of things I did take notice -
- Once I jumped into the game, I hardly used the keyboard controls. Just jammed the mouse buttons for shoot for the rest of the game.
- I didn't get the hang of focus shot.
- Since this is an early build, Im assuming the level balance will come in later
- The unarmed or defeated enemies were a bit difficult to read, again assuming this will be addressed once you have an artist
- The rest of the comments are game play only, but I think Im going to avoid it as this is an early build