Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
(+1)

Hello I just saw this game and downloaded it, I didn't see any previous versions so I am going in blind. The game still has this bug for me and also "I" doesn't show up there is a question mark instead, it shows up in beginning credits though. 

When I select new game this screen comes up:


(this translates to bloodpressure.exe has an uncovered Microsoft .NET special event, choose immediate debugger)

and when I select vs 2019 it says Exception Unhandled: array index out of range exception. Perhaps it has to do something with writing someting that doesn't exist?

My computer is turkish so maybe that's why the "I" doesn't show up.

Arena rush doesn't work either. 

After closing the game if I ran it from zip there comes up a message box that says some files that were extracted from BloodPressure Demo 1.2.zip were changed or new files were created. do you want to place those in the archive? if I say yes it takes some time but seemingly nothing changes.

If I run it after extracting drom zip again after selecting new game and crashing a continue option appears but it crashes with same behaviour as new game.

Thanks for reading this might have been too serious in tone I wanted to help as much as I can lol 

(1 edit) (+1)

Thanks for the bug report! The Turkish keyboard is definitely the problem; I imagine it has characters not present in the game's font, hence it getting replaced by a "?". I hadn't considered international keyboards. The new version I just uploaded should stop the game from crashing when this happens. Although the character will still be displayed as "?", the game should function as normal. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks again for your helpful comment!

(+1)

nope it still doesn't work. I tried looking around the code but couldn't figure anything out lol. I looked in the save file and is  maxhealth supposed to be 131? it seems out of place probably not why it crashed but it's my only guess.

(+1)

Okay, I figured it out. It's not the Turkish keyboard but rather the Turkish language setting. Apparently, the Turkish language setting on Windows autocorrects all of the lowercase i characters to Turkish ı characters which the game doesn't know how to handle. Since the game displays all text as uppercase anyway, I just manually changed all the text in the game to uppercase. The game shouldn't crash anymore in the version I just uploaded. Thanks for helping me fix this bug!

(1 edit) (+1)

"Blood high" and "checkpoint" still break the game

blood high

I compressed the image so it would fit

I'm gonna try to change my language now 

(+1)

You're right! This should be fixed in the version I just uploaded. Sorry for the hassle; I didn't realize that foreign language settings would mess with the in-game text like this.

(BTW, the "controls" menu will still display "?"s for some characters, but it shouldn't crash the game).

Hopefully that's the last of the crashes!

(+1)

I just got around to finally changing mu computers language and testing the game and it works when I turn my computer to eglish as expected, the new version works on both english ad turkish versions. all the I's are correct and there seems to be no issue with checkpoint texts and other stuff like that yet. I just passed the 6th arena. Thank you for being so considerate and taking your time to fix it!!!! I love your game!!!!

(+1)

I'm glad to hear it! Thanks for being patient as I fixed the game; most players wouldn't be so kinds as to submit multiple detailed bug reports. This experience has also been really enlightening. I never considered how foreign language computer settings could affect my game. I suppose this is what I get for using a custom game engine. Thanks again for your help!