Thank you for the thorough critique! Let me bullet point out a few responses:
- I will add config keys next time. I'm new to this and I didn't have the time to set this up, but the next time I enter for demo day, they will be present.
- The air dash actually doesn't have any I-Frames. Rolling allows quick movement without spending magic. If I didn't have a stamina bar though, it would be extremely OP. I still want to work out the kinks of it though with balancing, so I imagine it will be extremely different or possibly not even in the game at all once all the abilities and actions are in. I could always just remove the I-frames though. Not sure.
- Some haven't found those safe spots, but I agree, the player shouldn't be able to stand there indefinitely for the entire fight.
- There's an issue with the projectiles firing. I have no idea how people are pressing X so fast to glitch them out, as I haven't been able to recreate the scenario myself. This will be the third time I reworked them from scratch, as it was one of the first things I made in the game.
- Turn delay a byproduct of the way movement is being handled. It should be instant like the turning in Castlevania, so that will be fixed. Thank you for pointing it out.
- Alt Tabbing should work still even with screen being resized. What version of Windows are you using? I'm worried about version differences affecting the game.
- You might of caused the hitbox to stay active after the kick. That's an easy fix. Will do so.
- So many opinions about the dress, lol. The idea was to make it move actively because of her inner energy as a light spirit. I didn't want to have her just standing there blinking, but if it's getting a lot of negative feedback, I'll just have to change it.
- Downward Kick might be changed where it will be inputted after a third jump and angled whichever direction the player is holding (so even completely down). Tackling to the attack button does seem strange, I agree. Will change.
- Onion head is a good insult for her. I might use that for dialogue. :^)
Thank you for the feedback! Can't wait to hear more when you get the costume!