Hi again. I've just tested the game in a friend's laptop (Windows 7, Spanish language), and the exactly same error occurs, no difference whatsoever. Also, I've tried with Applocale, but instead of the original error I get a Protection Error window that says the following:
" Debugger detected - Please close it down and restart! "
Of course, it won't let me start the game either. Regarding the system language change, that would be a too radical solution for me, as I need my PC in Spanish for other things; I could try it, but it wouldn't be a long-term solution for me. Unfortunately, it seems that the only option left for me is to wait and hope that you can find a fix for this. In any case, I'm very grateful for your assistance and commitment to solve this issue.