Another classic from sharpfives! 😁 Alas, I can't rate as I didn't enter - so all I can do is give praise. 🤷♂️
This is such a great game. Amazing music (again) - so atmospheric. I really am so envious that you can do it all: code, art, music & story. So talented!
Love the simplistic, almost "LCD game" pixel graphics style. The animations are so lovely - as always. You seem to have improved your engine recently? It's SO smooth now. There were a couple of minor collision quirks, but was fine for the most-part.
Great tension & high stakes (e.g. having to shoot under time pressure without killing good guys) The creature aesthetics were wonderful. That ROAR?! Scared the crap outta me! 😱
Love the humour - the death/ghost character particularly. Are you a "Scrubs" fan by any chance? (Hey Dorothy, Nancy) 😂 #DrCoxFTW Had a mini-LOL at the rather specific amount of mushrooms for a "dude" to need! 😂
Finally, THANK YOU for making the ability to resume/continue the game. I wasn't sure you could (so did it in one sitting on this occasion), but that's definitely a welcome addition. Great usability feature! 👏
⚠ SPOILERS BELOW - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!
Loved many of the mechanics (shooting, ropes) The cave of sleeping demons was a neat touch. Also, thought the "cage" mechanic one particularly clever (and also reminded me of Another World) 😊
I nearly lost my mind trying to catch the squirrel (I see it's a common issue) - and would've probably kept trying (as it almost seemed like you could). Thankfully, I saw another reviewed mention about a "Speed Boost" and realised I needed to look elsewhere.
BUGS If you're interested - I did spy a few potential bugs along the way...
- Got stuck after dying while the "jumping" beast was building up his laser
- Spelling error after solving campfire ("thanks for you help", should be "your")
- Can walk/interact with the level while in "backpack" mode?
- Perhaps make the walking/bow disabled while backpack is open? I dunno.
- Sometimes seemed like I "lost" gems?
- They dropped, but then couldn't pickup due to screen size/zoom change?
- I later realised I didn't need to worry, as I got the total anyway.
- Unfortunately, the "shell" mechanic is pretty tricky - I only (finally) realised what to do by accident!
- It was when I was with the 3 little birds (I was gonna list this as a bug - as they weren't singing)
- I accidentally clicked on the bush (probably in frustration) and WHOOSH!
- Then, it clicked - strategically positioned items in the scenes - clever (perhaps a little TOO clever!)
Again, such a lovely little game. 🥰 You really are one of my favourite indie developers right now - coz of how great your story-telling adventures games are. 🤓👍