Best in the demo were:
1. amazing pixel animations
2. fantastic gun sounds
3. Really nice armored soldier movement sound
4. Writing is okay. Meaning in most games the writing is sub-par or worse making the game annoying --> uninstall and leading to Steam Refund. So your writing is okayish.
5. GO-There could be commanded by the LMB
6. Enemies are moving together fast is a BIG PLUS!!
7. Music is nice, a high quality composition.
8. Congratulations to the Family Enterprise! Saw your family in the credits. KUDOS for the achievement: making them work!
As for the objectives I didn't find anything = were massacred by ratmen quickly. You must build in or highlight more the TARGET OBJECT INDICATORS. Where the hell the player is supposed to go should be VISIBLE INTUITIVELY!! Nobody likes to read stupid tooltip-tutorial descriptions.
WHERE ARE THE SPURTING BLOOD PARTICLE EFFECTS??? Warhammer is supposed to be bloody & gory as hell. Make special, gurgling, death animations, make us hear the ratmen spitting blood as the die with miserable groans and their insides spill out onto the ground.
Last to die was the big armored soldier, he was surrounded. He should be using a SAWBLADE / Texas ChainSaw Massacre type weapon for close combat mass kill. Although his GROUND SLAM mass kill was very nice ==> in such cases you must make all the ratmen scream in a gruesome Choir as they perish together. Just like the sectoid group-scream in XCOM: UFO DEFENSE!
Most annoying in this demo were:
1. Loose this eyestgraining light-red. Use yellow or light
purple-blue, anything but this eye-killing red.
2. Street lamps are too bright, causing eyestrain
3. Lose the friggin' red from warning messages and UI
4. End of Turn sound is WAY too loud!!
5. Music is too loud. Use longer slider to refine volume more
6. 'Weapon hot' for Agnes Highmore status doesn't cool down fast??!!
7. Action delay / ending one soldier's turn and auto-switching to the next soldier should be shorter, make it configurable in GAME--OPTIONS = entire combat will be faster.
Thanks for that! I was hoping to receive some feedback on the game - that was the reason why I decided to release the tech demo - and it looks like I got just the stuff I wanted!
Here are my comments to some of your input:
Amazing pixel animations
Thanks! Credit goes
to Kurt (https://twitter.com/cKURTain),
the freelance artist who was the main UI designer.
Fantastic gun sounds, really nice armored soldier
This one is
mind-blowing - the armored soldier movement sound is the one that I dislike the
most :) I guess it's all a matter of taste.
Music is nice, a high quality composition.
I know, right?
Credits go to the awesome Jessica Kelly (https://www.jessicakelly.co.uk/)!
GO-There could be commanded by the LMB
I believe it should be configurable. Mutant Year Zero is using LMB, XCOM uses RMB. I spend more time with the latter, that's why I've decided to use it.
'Weapon hot' for Agnes Highmore status doesn't cool down fast??!!
That's an interesting point! The weapon heat mechanism was not supposed to allow auto-cooling at all. Player needs to manually reload the weapon to cool it down. That being said weapon being cooled down by itself seems like a normal thing that should be happening. I will surely be putting more thought in to the cooling mechanism - especially as I want to indroduce some more depth to it.
Congratulations to the Family Enterprise! Saw your family in the credits. KUDOS for the achievement: making them work!
Haha, thanks. That is what family is for, right? ;)
Again, thank you for fantastic feedback - I will surely put it into good use!