No news or progress for the past six weeks. We have been rewriting our entire physics course curriculum, one day at a time. It has been a bit overwhelming. I'm REALLY looking forward to things calming down so I can resume work on the game.
Aye, man. Take your time. We can wait. At least this will give me enough time to finish my tournament.
hey so Im a huge fan of the game, but I have a few questions.
1. Are you going to make any other robots e.g. Behemoth, Magnetar, (Im choosing these 2 as they would be worthy apponents of TR3 and Manta)?
2. When can we make our own arenas?
3. Why does Bubblegum not work properly anymore?
4. Why do player-made spinner robots randomly start flying when they reach a certain RPM?
I don't mind about Q2 but I think you guys need to look at 3&4 now and maybe Q1 later on once your happy with the physics and AI and damage system. Anyway, I like how this game is in constant development *cough* robot arena 3 *cough* and I cant wait for the next update. Again, great work guys, Im a huge fan, and I cant wait to see what the next update brings.
1. I doubt that they can use the bots you said because they are under the RW license, and they would need to acqure the rights which is hard
2. I honestly would like that, maybe it should work like Bot Builder?
3. Uh they will fix it most likely after the physics rework
4. I also experienced that which is weird
with number 1, there are people that have actually built really nice replicas of those bots along with many other awesome bots as well! I’d recommend asking Wham over on Gametechmods to see when he’s planning on releasing his reps to the public. I’d also recommend checking out his showcase, as the bots that he’s built over the past many months are absolutely stunning! Hopefully this comment helps!
1. We don’t have any plans currently. I would like to get to the point where we can rebuild everything in the botlab first. Maybe that’sa pipe dream, but it’s my pipe dream.
2. The arena builder is still in the back of my mind. We’re working on other things at the moment.
3. I found a bug with the collider for the weapon blur cylinder. Hopefully this fixes Bubblegum. I will check tomorrow.
4. See #3. I think it will be fixed on the next build.