on MacOS (Catalina) I get "Can't open package", then nothing. no window etc
There may be some issues with Catalina specifically. There is not much I can do right now, but something might turn up in the future
Play on Mac.
01. Download Mac versionCreatureKeeperKSDemo3_Mac_64-bit.zip
02. Rightclick file "CreatureKeeperKSDemo3_Mac_64-bit.zip" and open with "The Unarchiver.app"
- - Don't have "The Unarchiver.app" to to the app store and get it.
- - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12
03. It will create a new file named "nwjs.app" or "creaturekeeper-1.app"
04. RightClick on the new file it created and click Open
05. You will get "“nwjs.app” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."
06. Click Cancel
06. RightClick on the new file it created and click Open again
07. You will get "macOS cannot verify the developer of “nwjs.app”. Are you sure you want to open it?"
08. Click Open
09. You might get "Do you want the application “creaturekeeper.app” to accept incoming network connections?"
10. Click Allow
11. You should now see that game. I hope this helps.
* * This is not the only way to get the game working, but it is how I got it working.
* * If I did it any other way I got "The application “creaturekeeper 2.app” can’t be opened."
brilliant:) it works, but when the first text box about having fun (with the controls shown), it then wont allow any input from trackpad or keyboard. keep pressing the trackpad and A/ENTER and it just stys the same - music is playing.