I generally don't play demos because I tend to get attached and if the project gets drop I get sad, but I may have to give in and play this one because it just sounds so cool and well developed and it has my weakness, a childhood friend LI LOL. Wishing you all the best in your development process, I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure!
Oh thank you ! I have to admit I have the same thought than you about playing demo, so I am very moved you give it a chance ! And you can rest assure this project will definitely come to life !
Okay this is going to be really long but I'm excited and tend to ramble so sorry in advance.
Okay, came back to report that I caved and played the demo and so far I love everything about it. The art (sprites/backgrounds/CGs etc...) is lovely, the music is very pleasant and sets the mood, the GUI is attractive and the writing is pretty good, I only noticed a one spelling error I think or and maybe an instance or two where I though the phrasing was a little awkward, but it's rare for me to find a demo where I don't see that so I don't mind it and am really impressed with the quality, especially considering I think this started out in French, right? I'm always in awe of people who can speak multiple languages, and I'm exceedingly grateful that you decided to translate this because this GENUINELY might be my perfect/dream otome. Like if I could write and draw and stuff this is exactly the kind of game I would want to make.
I say that not only because of the beautiful craftsmanship and assets that I listed above, but also the demo had, or at least hinted at the full game having, pretty much every single thing I enjoy in the VN/game such as
- fantasy genre in a medieval setting
- chosen one trope
- courtly intrigue and political/looming war time drama
- an MC with a personality that you can actually shape (and extra awesome, the ability to choose a background/past for her)
- choices (dialogue and action) that sound like they will not only affect how other characters think of you, but also how the main story itself will develop and resolve
- a female LI!
- no bad endings that exist purely to punish the player for making one wrong choice (it sounds like there's endings where things can go badly, but I don't mind that, I just don't want to be immediately be punished for not following a guide, and for negative outcomes to make sense story wise)
- A CHILDHOOD FRIEND LOVE INTEREST!!! Especially one that the MC is clearly actually close to, as opposed to one who is 'long lost'/forgotten or acts like they don't care about the MC at all.
So yeah, I adored the demo, and I'm already in love with Lioren and the MCs dynamic. I can't wait to meet everyone else and see how the story plays out. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game and cheering you on, thank you so much for your hard work and for sharing this!
Oh my... Thanks for this comment, it really warms our heart. You will find indeed everything you said on the game and we hope you will love it as much you liked the demo. On the other hand, we must warn you, Lioren will be the last released path since there is huge plot in it. :p Anyway, seeing people excited like that, is really helping us to keep going so thanks again to support us. It's precious for us.
PS : For the misspeling, we are lucky to now have a proofreader, which should help destroy them all for good *evil music*
I'm up for the wait, I always save my favorite for last anyway so that works for me, but now you've really got me intrigued :)
I'll be following along closely and you'll probably get more rambly comments from me in the future lol. Anyway, have a good day everyone!