SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How to get more rating/feedback?

A topic by panglesd created Mar 02, 2021 Views: 234 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hello community!

I made a game with I think a good and creative core mechanic. However, the art is inexistent, so the screenshot are not appealing.

I made 25 rating and feedback, but got only six in response. It is already available in the browser, and native for windows, mac and linux. How to get more feedback?

Thanks in advance for your answer !

(I will rate back people who leave comment of course :))

Submitted (1 edit)

In your case after seeing your "thumbnail" I would make it more interesting and eye-catching. It can be hard without the art, but I'm sure you can do it!

Also, my game https://tyrannosaurus-games.itch.io/operation-reincarnation has only 10 ratings, so don't take my words to seriously ;)

Edit: Unfortunately, I can't play your game :( It's probably because I'm on an old windows 7 laptop right now. Sorry!

Submitted

I have followed everything to make a game known - Good thumbnail, Apppealing screenshots, Good and organised auto-start tutorial, and everything else... Still my game only has 10 ratings like yours... :( That's soo sad...

Submitted

Oh! I even have a good trailer for it.. But still...

Submitted

I think in game jams, play for play is very important. You can make a post like that, I'm sure you've seen one of these and people will play your game in exchange for your rating and feedback. I'm probably getting most of my rating from rate for rate so you can try too (although I realize the jam ends soon)

Submitted

Make a topic like "I will play your games" and put your game on it and play and rate people's games thats what i did and got over 35 rates and a lot of nice feedback :)

And here's my game if your interested : The Game

Submitted (1 edit)

Well, if you go and spam your game (without making an abuse of course) to all the posts "rate4rate" you will get more rates for sure.

my game is here: https://itch.io/jam/wowie-jam-3/rate/940571

Submitted

Thanks every one for your answer. I'm happy my number of ratings is almost the average now :)

I wanted to make a more appealling thumbnail, I'm sure that was a key point, but I was quite busy and could not make it. I'll make sure to have a better one next time!