Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Is it ok to post a demo?

A topic by Luke Vincent created Dec 09, 2017 Views: 179 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

This game jam has been really fun, it's inspired me to make a larger scale project.

Because of the size of the project I can't have it finished by the end of the day, but I have a polished free demo that features the first couple areas in the game. 

Is it alright if I submit this to the jam?

It's about 20 - 30 min long and has been tested for bugs, plus it adheres to the 2x1 pixel ratio rules of the jam.

The music is in a chiptune style similar to this:

Host (1 edit) (+1)

A SPLENDID hello to you, lukewasthefish, and I truly thank you right up front for participating in my Wide-Dot Pixel Game Jam 2017... it has been an honor working with you and all the other entrants indeed from the very beginning of it all!!!  (^-^)v !!

Rather than calling your project a demo, here’s the thing: if you actually call the version of your game project as the “Game Jam Version” while retaining your own game’s original title as whatever you want to name your title as your submitted new entry on time, yes, I will MOST DEFINITELY accept it indeed.  No questions asked, as I do want to give equal opportunity to each and every one of our entrants alike!!  ;)

As a computer-savvy person who has most thoroughly dabbled a grand lot in programming original games in BASIC since wayyyyy back in the mid-1980s when I was very, very young, I know clearly upfront the pressures, thrills, and real difficulties of actually creating a new game from commencement to conclusion... as well as how exciting and absolutely rewarding it all is once that new said game is successfully designed and fully polished indeed, just like you are quite seriously talking about.  And I can *truly* relate with you quite easily as a games programmer myself indeed... something that I am most glad to share with you from the bottom of my rather heart, quite handsomely!!  ^^

Having said exactly that, I would sure love to see your entry sent successfully right into this game jam on time as richly as ever as your “Game Jam Version” of the game title of your choice.  Thank you again so much, lukewasthefish, and I look forward to playing it; a real pleasure to have you with us!!!  ;*)