Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Vampire The Masquerade: Shadowplay

A topic by Cas Windsor created Nov 04, 2021 Views: 346 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

This is a mock-up for my possible entry.  The general idea is to make a turn-based RPG combat game, similar to Darkest Dungeon where you take control of a small coterie of vampires and try to get to safety before sunrise.  The graphics are meant to give the impression of a Victorian Shadowplay or shadow puppet theatre.

Please feel free to roast my work.  All ideas are welcome.

If anyone wants to team up then give me a shout.  I'd be especially interested if anyone wants to do some character art and make some cool looking silhouettes in FBX format.  This would give me more time to code.  I'll be trying to make this in Unity.

this seems really cool!

Submitted

That's a reall cool look, I agree.

Submitted

Agreed! Can't wait to see this finished!

Submitted

Great visuals, I'd love to play this!

Submitted

Hey!  Thanks for all the positive feedback, it's keeping me motivated.  Today I've been working on two player characters and struggling with raycasting issues.  I will add a small video here each Friday if people are interested in my progress.  Cheers!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

So, here's how it's looking towards the end of week 2.  A basic, functioning turn-based combat system is in place.  I was hoping to get more done today but have been plagued by Unity crashes, around about eight crashes today in total, even after updating everything I can think of.

Anyway, it's a start and I'd love to hear what you think.

I'd like to find some theatrical piano music to go with it but haven't been able to find anything to fit.  If anyone would like to put some music together then let me know.  Happy jamming everyone!