Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

YOUR 9TH GAME & THEME: POLISH YOUR 1ST GAME?!

A topic by droqen created Dec 20, 2020 Views: 133 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
HostSubmitted(+2)

droqen here! This is a theme that I think will be interesting! One of the ideas that I had for a future VMJ was to "make 10 games all in the same genre in 10 days," so for today's theme I thought I'd play with that a little. I present to you, the polished version of day 1's theme!!!

Enjoy! As always, and even though this time it's in the title, every theme is up to your interpretation and can be tackled in any way you desire! I'm... not looking forward to polishing my doofy sonic game, so maybe I'll just polish something else up instead? >_o

Feel free to polish up some old project, or just ignore the theme completely and make a 9th game that's messier than anything you've ever made before :)

HostSubmitted(+1)

Oh, and as I often consider 'polish' a bad word, there is absolutely room for expanding upon, revisiting, or remaking your 1st game in a way that has nothing to do with polish :) I don't think this new ring is an objectively better/smoother ring sprite than the first! It's got its oddities. I hope your 9th game will have new oddities too.

Submitted(+1)

I didn't expect the 9th theme will be this theme... but, I did it I remake my day 1 game https://alvian-eka.itch.io/mini-maze-remake-910-vmj2020 I hope it's better lol, and remaking my own game is actually fun too :)

Submitted

I went and added some levels to my first game for this one.  There was somebody who had played my first game and wished there were more levels, so this is perfect.  Here's the link to the game danielles-games.itch.io/updated-collectring-maze-910