Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I Like Blade but not Twilight

A topic by LienPixels created Mar 25, 2019 Views: 363 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+1)

In the rules says not mindlessly killing vampires which is what Blade does is there  possibility to negotiate this to the extent that the judges are ok with? 

Yeah, the whole point in many vampire games / stories is that the main character, although vampire, fights against other vampires. Everything from games like VtM (especially Redemption), Blood Omen, BloodRayne to movies like Underworld, Queen of the Damned and the mentioned Blade.

Submitted

So here we  support other vampries... 

Host

Blade is technically a half vampire, so I say Blade-like heroes can be a part of this jam.Vampires kill each other all the time, but they are rarely represented as mindless creatures like zombies. When they kill each other is for matter of politics, power, or love.

The rule basically means "give players a vague motivation for killing vampires, don't make it a mere power fantasy". How you interpret it is up to you!
Also this jam doesn't have judges, so I can't really stop you from disregarding the rules anyway. Go on. Live your best life. Rebelling to society is part of being a vampire, after all.

Submitted

Thanks for getting back, i think i can deal with this i actually came up with a non-violent idea. :D

Submitted (1 edit)

So my game idea is a parody of interview with Vampire  
It will be Interview with  THE BLADE.

Short story Blade has decided to stop his eternal life of hate studied to get a degree in psicology and now tries to help vampires to fit into society,  long way his days of slaying are help Blade not snap in his sessions.

Here is small progress on the office.