To all devs who still ship Louis and Lestat
To all devs who are too shy to admit they liked Twilight
To all devs who are currently screaming “hire me to work on Bloodlines 2, you cowards"
THIS JAM IS FOR YOU
OPTIONAL THEME: TAROTS
Celebrate the announcement of Vampire Bloodlines 2 by making your own trashy vampire game!
An optional theme will be announced once the jam starts. It's just there to inspire you, you're not obliged to use it!
If you are looking for teammates, try using Crowdforge or join the dedicated jam channel on the Bloodlines 2 Discord server!
- Your game must feature a vampire in a prominent role
You are welcome to add other supernatural entities, but make the player play as a vampire or interact with one.
- All engines are permitted!
Just make a digital game! Use Twine, Bitsy, Unity, whatever. If you never made a game before, check the resources below here. Free assets are also permitted: you don't have to remake everything from scratch.
Physical entries/board games are also fine.
- No games about mindlessly killing vampires ;;
Stories featuring vampire hunters are permitted, but please avoid entries where killing vampires is the only form of interaction. We are not here to feel like cool vampire hunters; we are here to celebrate our hemophilic trashbag sons.
- R18+ games are permitted, just tag them accordingly in the title.
Vampires are inherently Horny and we fully embrace this.
- Unconventional vampires are welcome!
You are free to use your favorite vampiric canon, or to make up your own rules for what constitutes a vampire.
Fascinated by some vampire-like creature from ancient folklore? Cool, go for it.
Do you like sparkly Twilight vampires? We won't judge you.
- Fan games are also welcome.
Go, take your OWOD manual and pretend you're actually working on Bloodlines 2. Live your best life.
- No necromancy admitted.
You can only start working on your game once the jam begins! You are, however, allowed to start brainstorming, planning your project, etc.
You can not resurrect old projects and use this jam to finish them. Sorry.
Do you love vampires, but have never made a game before? Here are some simple engines to get you started!
Those simple engines are all free, don't require you to code, and allow you to make web-playable games:
For more engines, check out this megadoc of resources for jammers!
Remember, Itch also hosts many free art assets and free soundtracks that can help you get started.
Everyone can play and rate the games! Voting period will last one week.
Submissions will be rated using the stats system of Monsterhearts, the trashy tabletop RPG about vampires and other assorted monsters.
Each entry will be judged according to four fields:
- Hot means fucking gorgeous, alluring, exciting, smokin’, someone you can’t stop thinking about, magnetic.
Does this game make you blood boil? Is it sexy, captivating and pretty?
- Cold means stone-cold, calculating, collected, unwavering, frigid, able to be cruel and merciless, able to keep their wits about them, obstinate.
Does this game make you feel smart?
- Volatile means impulsive, wild, feral, quick-tempered, quick to fght or ﬂight, aggressive, unpredictable, a basket-case, sudden.
Is this game full of twist? Is it quick, full of action scenes and surprises?
- Dark means weird, mysterious, sinister, dabbling in the occult, comfortable in darkness, able to liaise with otherworldly forces, powerful.
Is this game mysterious?
There are no prizes, so if you aren't sure of what a field means, just follow your heart.
Banner image by notquitefuorioso.