Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Can I update my submission?

A topic by JanneLDev created Aug 30, 2020 Views: 163 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

If i submit my game for example tomorrow, am i still allowed to update it? (for example uploading it to the jam to get feedback and then making updates until the deadline).

If I'm allowed to do that, is it the latest version that is judged once the deadline is over?

Submitted

Not really sure BITHALT, but if you did he might allow updates between the now & deadline time, provided you submit the final edit before the deadline, If not then just have a plan to have another project in case, because he did say you can submit more than 1 game for this JAM, atm I submitted 1 & have some small plans for a 2nd already. Just I haven't any new major ideas atm for this jam, I have some tiny ideas, but not enough fuel for another game in full, creating small batch games are quick & easy for me as I barely code alot in them, I generally stick to alot of goto's & if's & variables, then a few pages of text that change now & then, so time wise I can get another 30 in if I wanted to like 3 a day easily, as the language is soo basic & doesn't require adding sounds or peripherals or gui's or graphics so, the thing is though I dunno if I just wanna make a pile of games for the sake of games, thus why I want plans & ideas 1st to make another, my next project though is likely python or javascript because at least those I can add the extra stuff, whereas batch, you can construct temporary mouse but atm I only know how to make that work with tic tac toe in batch. For sound making it open a Youtube link song is not fun to do cuz the browser opens overlapping the game. So in a sense Batch is both easy but then harder in other areas! Which is why I submitted early & tbh not even planning on updating, I rather code in a higher language to make my next game, also even if he did allow edits, I just dunno if anytime soon I would edit as this really was more to get my feet wet & my brain starting to think up! Mind ya though we could team up on a middle 3rd game between us, then we would have 3 entries between us BITHALT if ya want!? :)

Host

You can submit early and update as many times as you want before the deadline.