Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What's with all the invalid entries?

A topic by Haunted Labs created May 26, 2022 Views: 115 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(3 edits)

Lots of really cool and inspiring games here... but one legit question: what's with so many of the games not meeting the requirements of the jam?

Only a couple out of all of the games I looked at are four pages or less. Some multiple types of dice as well. Some are over twenty pages long. One was even listed as created in April before the jam. Are people just submitting for cheap exposure? Um...

Doesn't this kind of go against the spirit and challenge of the game jam?

Trying to stick to the requirements is a challenge...

Not trying to be negative, some really great stuff in here, but curious is there no vetting or approval of submissions?

Host

I haven’t had a chance to look through most of the entries yet, But I would say yes if they use multiple dice types or are longer than 4 pages of rules they would not fit the requirements. however the spirit of the jam to me was more about using the restrictions to inspire creativity. I’m not personally vetting  the  entries as they aren’t to be ranked, and I am running a crowdfunding campaign right now so can only focus on one thing.

All good, and good luck!

Submitted(+1)

One of topics of discussion has been whether your game can be longer than 4 pages, as long as your rules stay within the 4 page guideline. The general consensus has been, yes, that this keeps with the spirit of the jam by being a design constraint, but also allows people to flex their creative skills by adding content outside the 4 pages.