SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Looking for feedback (and FPS numbers)

A topic by Fodi created Feb 22, 2022 Views: 111 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted (1 edit)

Hi folks,

We're still working hard on adding more content (levels) to our jam entry Copterfields and as the dev I'd also love to hear how the game runs on your device / browser. If you have a minute or two and could try running our game in your browser and provide some feedback and FPS numbers, I'd be very grateful.

You can run the game on our Itch page, although it seems to me that on some browsers the iframe embed method also has a toll on performance, so I've uploaded it to our server as well:

https://copterfields.com/play/

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: replaced external mirror link.

Submitted

I tried level 1 on the server and both levels on the itch page. On the itch page, level 2 had a lag spike toward the end that caused it to drop to 8 fps for a couple seconds, but that didn't effect gameplay. Besides that, both stayed around 45-55 fps the whole time.

It's hard to tell where I can and can't place rocks to block paths or whether I've succeeded to block a path. Other that that, the shield symbol and the rock symbol are very similar, which confused me at first when I was trying to figure out the costs of things. The game also seems oddly slow-paced for a tower defense game, but not so much as to not be enjoyable. Overally I like it so far.

Submitted

I appreciate that,  helps a lot! Can I ask you about your CPU, GPU, OS and browser?

I'll try to do something about the block placing issue, maybe give some visual feedback; and also I'm pretty sure it's impossible to place blocks near fences (outside of them) because the fence hitbox is too big.

Thanks again for the feedback! :)

Submitted(+1)

AMD Ryzen 3 at 2.6GHz, Radeon Graphics, Windows, Chrome.

I'm pretty much exclusively a software person, so I don't know what else might be important.

Submitted

That's perfect, thanks!

Submitted

The last update* is up!

* I hope