SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Last minute art question for submissions

A topic by Jules Ford created Jul 20, 2023 Views: 92 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted(+1)

Hi,

I reached out on Twitter but I figure posting in here as well might be a good call!

My name is Jules and I'm working on a submission for this jam. It's close to the deadline so it might go unanswered, but I have a quick question about what art we can use on our cards.

I'm designing my submission on Canva, which has visual assets that are free for commercial use. My design currently includes images from Canva that I didn't draw myself. Is that still allowed in a submission to this contest? The important content of the card is the writing and the pictures just make it prettier.

If it's not allowed I'm happy to remove the assets from the card. If I don't hear back before the deadline I'll delete them to be safe!

Cheers,

Jules

Submitted(+2)

You may get a better response from the host but I believe the most important thing is that you have full rights to use the content commercially and understand the attribution requirements if any. Here is a snip from the licensing agreement you sign when uploading. If you can freely use the content it should be fine if its not AI made

5. Representations, warranties and indemnities
[5.1] The Artist represents and warrants that the Artist:
(a) is the sole author of the Works, which are original to the Artist;
(b) owns or has been granted all rights and interests in the Works necessary to grant the licence to the Licensee under this agreement; and
(c) has the power and capacity to enter into this agreement and to perform the Artist’s obligations under this agreement; and (d) has not included AI-generated content in the Works.

A similar post came up about content from GameIcon.net, maybe check there for more answers?

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Update: I just got the official go-ahead! Good luck with the jam y'all!

Submitted

Oh, good. My art assets are from Canva also. :)