Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Wordle Game Ideas!

A topic by Pearse Anderson created Jan 13, 2022 Views: 117 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Wanted to start a thread to see what games anyone is creating for this jam, in case anyone wanted feedback, encouragement, or to workshop stuff. I'll go first:

My game (rough title is The True Name) is a spell generator one-page TTRPG where you play as the word in Wordle as you're spoken by different generations of spellcasters, each trying to cast a Truer and more powerful version of you (idenitifed by the number of correct letters). It's kind of a hack of Lost & Found.

An idea for anyone to steal (I might): a game where your Wordle guesses notate how many dice you get to roll in a certain encounter. With 0 greens you can't roll any dice, but each adds a d4 or d6 until you can easily beat encounters in a game you play to the side of your game of wordle, maybe at the same time.

HostSubmitted

Love this! I like each row corresponding to an encounter or scene, and it sounds like The True Name has big gaps of time between each row? We love a timeskip. I wonder if The Skeletons is something to draw from in how it manages movements between time.

I've been tweeting out my drafts in my big meandering twitter wordle thread, my current thing is trying to sort out something that turns mosaics into interesting stat spreads of some kind—it's pretty half-formed at the moment. (My usual mode of design is to make a bunch of little things in varying sizes, so I've been drafting a little zine anthology of them.)

Submitted (2 edits)

You could generate stats by rotating the wordle grid rotated by 90 degrees, so if your grid is

Wordle 214 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

(With three unprinted full green rows after)

Then your statline is maybe something like e.g.

STR: β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

AGI: β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

WIS: β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

INT: β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

LCK: πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

So the better you do in the wordle, the better your stats. You could use this for numeric stats (e.g. your STR is 5, your LCK is 4.5 - with the fun coincidence of there being 6 guesses, so you could do like a D6 based resolution system (e.g. succeed STR with a 5+, succeed LCK with a 4+, reroll if your first number is a 5) OR you could use it for tokens (e.g. you get to solve 4 situations fully with LCK, and one situation with mixed results)