Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What's everyone thinking?

A topic by MeatCastle GameWare created Sep 16, 2021 Views: 237 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

Hey folks, what are you think (broadly) about creating? I'm wondering what kind of breadth of stuff we may see come out of this!

Right now, my idea is a prop for in-game use coupled with an alternate/new equipment supplement. What's yours?

Host (1 edit)

Very excited to finally introduce the Blood Computer Variable to the game as an optional, excessive obstacle to add to any ARC operation.

I'd love to create an adventure but am a bit hesitant as it might be overly ambitious. Is there a discord for creators to collaborate or work together. 

I have questions about how the story flow diagrams are created and other graphics.

Host

I’ve been tinkering with a discord for a bit but it’s a little out of my depth as a one person team atm. If it’s something others would find helpful to collaborate, I can work on opening it up to jam participants.

Happy to answer any questions about the design. I designed the graphics and charts. Pretty much everything besides the illustrations which is all Alex Mitchell. 

If you’re interested in adventures, I’d encourage you to check out the follow up book, Conflict Resolution Guidelines, which has six adventures of various lengths. I’ve made more community copies available or I can send you a key direct.

I backed CRG during Zinefest and have my ecopy, can't wait for my physical one.

If running a full discord is not ideal, we could see if we could find a channel on another discord, there are so many already.

Host

I think I can get the discord I’ve been tinkering with up and running for y’all this weekend. Stay tuned.

Submitted

In light of real life corps being even more evil than usual lately, I'm also thinking about changing my jam project to an inversion adventure where you are a team that's recovered a powerful assets and return to HQ with the intention of using it to destroy the company. Could be played after a particuarly gnarly adventure in a campaign setting or as a one or two shot. 

Host

this rules 

I've got two ideas I'm circling:

The People's Republic of .EXE-A Cold War era AI that bloomed in the Maunsell Sea Forts and now serves as a reluctant information broker in return for being allowed to live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunsell_Forts

I'm also looking at something involving Manod Mawr, the Welsh mine where the National Gallery's stock was hidden during World War II. Which in the game world would be an active cultural 'seed vault' and somewhere the Company is very eager to get into.

https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/about-us/press-and-media/press-releases/manod...

Also have half ideas about Dinorwig Power Station ('So what's in the Turbine Hall?' 'Excalibur.' '...WHAT?!')

https://www.electricmountain.co.uk/Dinorwig-Power-Station

And possibly a version of the Strategic Steam Reserve which is basically a free-floating, on rails nation inside a nation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_steam_reserve

Submitted

Wow, these are a lot of very ripe ideas for sure. I just love the name "The People Republic of .EXE" too. Immediately got my attention. 

Thank you:) Still learning how to put stuff like this together but it's fun:)

Host

🤯

:) If I can land the Manod Mawr thing, I've got the makings of something about the Artisan, a distributed intelligence which is essentially the Fae that's been connected to art in the UK for centuries. The Artisan spreads out from Manod Mawr when the National Gallery is refilled and each element of it can mimic one type of art. So one is a painting, one is a podcast etc...There's some fun to be had there with them as a defence system for the country against the Corp and also a really terrifying iteration of the fae.

Hilariously underwater on deadlines but I'd still love to do this. Could you remind me of the deadline? Sorry to be a pest.

Host

no worries! The jam ends on 11/1 but feel free to make something whenever!

Submitted

Yea, I believe there's a way to allow late submissions and stuff too so that's an option if you cook up something even if it's a bit later. I'm also riding that deadline train (but am hoping I'll make it)!

Host

it is a soft and gentle deadline