Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Adventuron Helpdesk Sticky

A topic by Adventuron created Mar 19, 2022 Views: 229 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Host

Thread for issues related to Adventuron games (planned to be entered in the jam).

Submitted

When I submitted my project, it said :

2 - Make sure your game has the following settings:

template = talp

I didn't see this in the rules or description so I didn't set this when I made the game and apparently it is not the default for the adventuron classroom. Does this mean that I can't submit my game to the jam unless I fix it to fit this template?  When I specified this template, on describe was no longer allowed and I have a custom command that did not override the default vocabulary.

Thanks for the fun jam by the way:)

Host

Sorry, you are correct. This is not a rule. I think this was accidentally carried over from last years competition (where it was a rule).

I have corrected this now.

You don't need to change your game.

Submitted

Ok, thanks!

(4 edits)

Hi,

Our adventuron game is nearly finished and we are mainly on "quality of life" improvement phase based on feedback (and improving tutorial).

I wanted to do some test about maybe about adding some action when clicking a part of the graphic, this should be possible by injecting a script in compiled html, and then the script would handle click over banner using gid attribute (from `<div gid="my_first_room" ...>`), but there is two things that make this a little ugly:

- if there is overlay, we just get a `<div gid="my_room_name" ...><canvas /></div>` that doesn't indicates which overlay are present

- the code particular to each graphics would need to be in the injected javascript, I would prefer if all code particular to a game is in the adventuron file only.

So there is a solution but not perfect, and I was wondering if through experimental_javascript command (I have not been able to use it, the editor not allowing experimental_javascript anywhere I tried) or something else, there would be a way to send a variable between adventuron and a custom javascript outside, so for example I would like to have something equivalent to this in adventuron:

: setcookie current_region_area_commands "[[0, 0, 5, 5, '/look book'], [15, 15, 25, 20, '/look car']]"

and in javascript the code would just use the cookie `current_region_area_commands` (next time we detect that banner image has changed) and do what is needed.

I give cookie as example, but it could be anything else as long as the information can be gotten to external script from adventuron. The cookbook example of experimental_javascript would be perfect if I understood how to use it and if we could give parameter the the function that is called.

Submitted

I'm pretty sure that you can do that from within Adventuron without mucking about with Javascript. If you can, join the Adventuron Discord server and the people on there are very helpful.

Thanks, checking there, I have seen that there is on betabeta version:

: overlay "my_object" experimental_command = "go north";

that should be able to do exactly what I wanted without any javascript.