Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Which Engine Are You Planning To Use? Sticky

A topic by Adventuron created Mar 19, 2022 Views: 342 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host

What are you planning to implement your game in?

Submitted

I have no idea. I have ported a lot of my unfinished games from the Inform 6 standard library to PunyInform, so I'll probably use Puny as a starting point. However, Puny doesn't support graphics or sound, so I might develop it in Puny and port it to Adventuron. The Inform 6 to Adventuron workflow has worked well for me in the past. We shall see.

Submitted(+1)

I plan to enter an ADRIFT game. The good news is the arrival of FrankenDrift which can play ADRIFT 5 games with very high compatibility since it is based on the open source code of ADRIFT. So now ADRIFT 5 games can be played on Windows, Mac and Linux. It can also be played online on the ADRIFT site. Once it is published, I will provide a link to those who prefer to play it online. Playing online is a bit more clunky so if you can, I recommend you install the ADRIFT Runner or FrankenDrift and play ADRIFT games locally on your computer.

Host

Sounds like a good plan.

(+1)

I'll be using Inform 7 with Vorple to supply the graphics, audio, and other functions I may include.

Host

Brilliant. I am not familiar with I7 + Vorple, but looking forward to seeing what you come up with. i know that i7 is a brilliant tool, if you can master it.

I will use unity.

I am going to try out Ren'py.

Submitted

Please read the jam rules carefully. The objective is to write a parser-based text adventure suitable for beginners. I don't think Ren'py is suitable for this. I might be wrong, but it looks like it's for visual novels and choice-based games.

Thanks for the heads up!

Host

Yes, please do read the rules.

A parser based generally works like this;

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I plan to use ADL or AdvSys as they are my favourite text-adventure systems.

Host(+1)

Good luck Robert. It will be interesting to play someone developed with this engine.