SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Synth Jam blogs

A topic by TheWrongJohn created Dec 23, 2023 Views: 70 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted (4 edits) (+1)

Hi there!

I usually use a blog when I'm doing a game jam to help motivate myself, reflect, and possibly learn something. And, if anyone else is blogging, vlogging, devlogging or whatever, I'd be interested in reading/watching.

This is my first post for this jam and I'll be updating it regularly if anyone is interested. 

I have one sample pack which is free if you put 0 in the money bit. The sounds are from my instruments/studio and you can download in any format including ogg.  I aim to make a new one for this jam. I used the sounds in this game for a recent jam.

John

HostSubmitted (1 edit)

Hey! Thanks for sharing, and please do keep us updated. It’s good to see the early thought processes and design concepts that go into a project like this. The circular idea is a good one and works from my experience playing with toys like the Orba 2. I bet your samples would work great on that!

The jam submission pages will include a field for providing a link to your development blog as well. Here’s mine: https://shiftbacktick.io/project-ephemera.html

Submitted

Thanks for the reply and the links! Never heard of the Orba 2, thanks, I recently got an PO-33, so messing about with that at the moment! Your DevLog and Blog look great! Did you create it within Itch.io? I've been using Wordpress for a while but the free version is covered in ads.

HostSubmitted

Great question! I’ve been dissatisfied with blogging and site building platforms over the last two decades. The ads, privacy issues, and general limitations are all real concerns.

My site is built with Jekyll and hosted on GitHub Pages as a private repository. It’s a custom theme that I built with HTML, CSS, and a bit of Liquid syntax. But there are free themes to chose from as well.

Once set up, the publishing workflow is quick and simple: I write a Markdown file, commit it, and push it. It appears live after a few minutes.

Of course, it’s not the easiest to use, but the complete flexibility is worth the effort for me.