SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Horror on Holiday Rails

A topic by Consistency3D created Dec 11, 2018 Views: 1,090 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(2 edits) (+2)

Hey, everyone!

Just making a place to throw my WIP stuff. My entry is going to be built with the Armory Engine and it will take place on a train during Christmas. I look forward to seeing everyone's entries, and feel free to comment on mine as I work at it!

My first day at it it's still pretty basic. I've gotten started on a couple of presents and defined the train scenery a bit. Everything is being modeled in Blender by myself and all of my textures are painted in Krita!

More to come soon!

HostSubmitted

Looks great! Kinda getting a Polar Express vibe from the setting idea. 

Congrats on all the self-made assets; I'm only just starting with 3D and it's so tricky - so it's great to see an effort to stay original with asset creation.

Look forward to seeing how this shapes up!

Thank you, I appreciate it! Yeah, 3d is much more accessible these days, now is definitely the time to get into it!

And yes exactly, although I'm thinking of going in a typical "monster stalker" direction with it on this particular train, but I suppose we'll see!

Submitted

Looks great! Can't wait to check it out.

(+1)

Thank you, I appreciate it! I'll be posting some massive progress soon, will keep you updated!

(1 edit) (+1)

Hey, everyone, if you've got a minute, please try out this small in-browser scene and let me know how your PC handles it!

https://consistency.itch.io/horror-on-holiday-rails?secret=fcrrWLRxoMraOTc6zoPtq...

At the moment mouse lock only works by clicking the game on Chrome in full screen but I will get this fixed for Firefox and windowed mode.

Submitted(+1)

My laptop is about 6 years old (Thinkpad T430) and the framerate wasn't amazing but it was entirely playable.

Thank you for the input! A downloadable version will also be available that will help performance and loading time if you'd like to give that a try when it's released!

Submitted

Cool. Honestly I was surprised by how well it worked just because I really don't have a stellar PC.