Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are the guidelines for the Highscore part?

A topic by SamuraiDev created Apr 06, 2020 Views: 378 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Can the highscore be only the player's highscore from one sitting? I can't figure out how to make it have other players' highscores, and i haven't found any tutorials that fit my specific situation!

Submitted

Is it online or offline? What engine are you using? At least for Game Maker (and I know you can do this elsewhere) if it's local, just have a check if (score > highscore) highscore = score; then write that to a text file. That way it saves it between sittings

Submitted

The thing is, mine is an html game, and i used a converter so i do not know how to code html or anything like that, and i also do not know how to use local storage with itch.io. I wanted to know if i could make it so that the highscore would only show the current player's highest score from the games he has played without leaving the page. My predicament was that the player cannot "Compete for the highest score" of other players, but only himself, and i'm not sure if that's allowed.

Submitted

It doesn't have to be an online high score table, as long as it shows on the screen. Here's a similar question.

Submitted

Ok! good to know! I just wanted to know if i was eligible.

Submitted(+1)

No worries, I was the same, I have no idea about online integration at all