Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What leaderboard systems are you using?

A topic by Dawdle created Oct 19, 2018 Views: 841 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted(+2)

I was wondering what everybody else will be using to make their leaderboards, whether you plan to use other external tools, built-in engine features, or even hand-made code. I understand if you guys don't want to share since we're competing. However, I am curious. I plan to use a leaderboard in a future project of mine and was wondering if you had any recommendations.

PS: If anyone else is using Unity,  I found this yesterday. It looks pretty promising, and I'll probably be using it for the competition. Best of all, it's free!

(+1)

If I join, I might actually use Google Sheets. I built a project that used it extensively recently. I would have to see if I could build a compatible system for the engine I use first.

Host

How would you send the score results to google sheets? I’m interested.

(1 edit) (+1)

Google sheets has an open source API. Sending and receiving data is as simple as under 10 lines of code from it. It's available for Python, JS, and multiple other languages. Since I know how to do it in Python, and it's not available in the language I usually code in, I'd have to see if I could run a Python file with the new score information and have the sheet update accordingly.