SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What exactly is required?

A topic by DireBoarGames created Feb 01, 2020 Views: 220 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(+1)

Hello,

I read the title page, and the existing forum threads, but still want to make sure. So, if I understand correctly, you are making your own RPG system, and the jam is for making an adventure module fitting it? Like the adventure module with choices, described difficulty checks (ore something similar), non-playing characters, combat and the like? Is it the case?

If it's so, can you tell more details? Like how long as text\playing time it should be?

Does it have to be interact-able like pdf with hyperlinks\twine or just text with described ways of adventuring is enough?

Are there unique setting elements that must be used?

Also, very important, you are saying that winner gets a prize, but all participants also retain they rights. Now, let's look a little in the future. If your idea of custom rpg system succeeds, will those modules be used commercially? And if they will be, will authors get paid their royalties?

Host

I read the title page, and the existing forum threads, but still want to make sure. So, if I understand correctly, you are making your own RPG system, and the jam is for making an adventure module fitting it? Like the adventure module with choices, described difficulty checks (ore something similar), non-playing characters, combat and the like? Is it the case?

Honestly yes and I can provide the rulebook for free. It is inteded to be a scenario or story of any length, none needed it just needs to follow the 5 rules mainly set. I generally have no preference on how "long" it should be. Can be from an one-shot to a lengthy campaign. You have the whole month to make it.

Does it have to be interact-able like pdf with hyperlinks\twine or just text with described ways of adventuring is enough?

Text is well more than enough I think.

Are there unique setting elements that must be used?

None, this is a narrative horror rpg framework, closer to GURPS, the idea is to use the themes and saftey tools to induce a horror feeling for the players.

Also, very important, you are saying that winner gets a prize, but all participants also retain they rights. Now, let's look a little in the future. If your idea of custom rpg system succeeds, will those modules be used commercially? And if they will be, will authors get paid their royalties?

The modules will be under the Open Domains Licence. Meaning that ANY modules are still their property and I get 0% of the cut on it. It's their work so they can sell it. The modules will not be used by me any more than just linking them maybe in some promotional material that "x has made a module for the game, find it here (link to the itch store of the maker)". Meaning that ANY and ALL work done for this jam remains theirs. I will NOT take the modules NOR use them myself unless they allow me to, and if I do use them, they will be ONLY available from the makers themselves.

I believe in a healthy community which works towards making games and content. And to do so, I believe that stuff like PbtA and other such systems are needed. I'm therefore trying to make this system just that. A framework on which others can make their own horror stories.

Hope this answers the question. If not, feel free to ping me with any other questions you have.

(+1)

I guess nothing bad will happen if I'll try myself with your system. :)

Can you send rulebook to: evgeniet@gmail.com?

If I don't manage to write anything, I promise to delete it and not keep it for my own uses.

Host

I'll send a copy once I'm at my pc.

(+1)

Don't forget, I am really interested in participating!