Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

''Wandering Moose''

A topic by HeyBishop created Sep 22, 2020 Views: 225 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted(+4)

I'm really excited to take part in this! I have made many games, but never finished one. Thanks to this jam that is about to change! For this jam, I want to bring life back into a game I started making the Oculus Go. I haven't touched it in over a year, so I don't really remember what more needs to be done to call it 'finished'. I have a functioning version of the game that I've just uploaded it to my page. It's the first time I've shared a game! 

I know not many people will get to play it because it only works on Oculus Go, but I'm taking part anyways. Hopefully I'll get my pre-ordered Quest 2 before the jam ends, and perhaps I'll be able to add support. Maybe make a PC playable version? I dunno. I haven't decided my scope yet.

You're welcome to have a look at is in its current state. I promise not to work on it until jam begins!

https://heybishop.itch.io/wandering-moose

Host

Awesome

Submitted

I've also published it on SideQuestVR, since I know it can be easier to install that way.

https://sidequestvr.com/app/1678/wandering-moose

Funnily enough, after publishing this - my wife reminded me of another game I once started and never finished. That one wasn't VR, it's a top-down PC game. Maybe it would be better to do that one for #RevivalJam because more people will be able to play? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I have a Go! Though it probably won't see much use once the Quest 2 arrives. Not sure what engine you use, but I recently tried to resurrect a little project I only ever had working on my own Go, but when I went to try to update it I discovered Go support in the Oculus tools for Unity was nearly gone, and the camera support no longer worked. When I tried to revert to an older version I discovered my scenes could no longer be opened... so I gave up. If you are in the same situation you might want to try your PC game instead. It could save you a LOT of headache.

Submitted(+1)

I appreciate that. I am aware that the Go has been deprecated. What I'm going to try, is to make it an OpenVR, therefore (hopefully) playable in browser... and therefore would be compatible with more devices, including a Go. 

Submitted

Thanks to lots of people helping me brainstorm, I've come up with a much better title!

Here's my title screen: