Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Jam Jar

A topic by fos1 created Apr 09, 2021 Views: 189 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 8
(1 edit)

I'm having fun! I started my jam game I'm calling Jam Jar just after the theme announcement.

I am still in the closet but have done a pretty good bit of planning and initial setup. I compiled Inform 6 v 6.34 to work on my Raspberry Pi 4 and now have it set up for PunyInform development. All the better.

Is this the place to discuss game development and sharing code or should it be done over on Intfiction?

Thanks, Jeff (fos1)

PS. Everything I have tried with Punyinform has worked so far.   :)

HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+1)

Good to hear Jeff!

Both this forum and the intfiction.org forum are excellent choices for discussing jam game development. I keep an eye on both for sure.

/Fredrik

Submitted(+1)

I like the title. Very clever.

I've sketched out the basic storyline. I know the plot, the objective, the characters, the start game and end game, but I've got a complete blank for the middle game. I want this to be very puzzly, but nothing springs to mind. I would normally spend weeks or months dwelling on the details before I start coding. Only one day in and I'm already in a panic.

When I am writing, I have more ideas for plot and puzzles than I need. I am going to have to limit my extravagance. My bottlenecks become action and dialog implementation. Since this jam encourages sharing and collaboration, I may ask for help with puzzle implementation details if I get stuck.  

I am wearing out my copies of IBG and DM4. They are very relevant for PunyIF! 

As it stands now, I have eight locations and I'm still coding in the closet. 

Submitted(+1)

I ended up having a lot of things in the closet. As I would think of a puzzle somewhere else, I would find another use for the closet.

Same boat. I have now found a different use for the pile of laundry.....

I am out of the closet! ;) The closet coding is complete.

On to new coding adventures in the pub.