Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

FIRST PROJECT: HERE WE GO.

A topic by The Bonsai Treehouse created Jan 25, 2017 Views: 373 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5

Hi everyone. My name is George. I made two Twine games and a UE4 game in blueprints. By now everyone I've responded to on this jam page should be quite on board with this newly devised project. But before we can start talking game development, we need to establish a solid means of online communication. We won't get properly started until everyone has sounded off, but don't feel pressured to rush.

Now: what social media platform(s) do you use the most often and are most at home with? If you have any at all: Dropbox, Twitter, Gmail etc, let me know so I can connect with you ASAP. For game development updates and resource management, I recommend you create a Slack account; it's totally free and a very intuitive method of sharing gameplay capture footage and large content resources (models, code, sound files etc.) between one another that couldn't otherwise be shared over email. It also doubles as a perfectly serviceable instant messenger system with its own custom subject chat rooms, so I suggest you get on that pronto if you haven't already.

In order for this project to go smoothly, we must keep in regular communication. Don't worry if you happen to prefer solitary work most of the time; I only ask this of you to ensure that no-one is left out of the loop, that nothing goes unfinished and that everyone understands exactly what needs to be done and how. This is why I'm also going to ask you to go over the initial idea I suggested and think of ways you want to improve upon it (It is too ambitious? Not unique enough? etc). If you can come up with any ideas or even a whole entire concept of your own that's begging to be made and is more suited to your individual approach, note them down and when we connect online, we'll talk about them there (along with any other important game dev details on the agenda).

Also, mention what hours you're consistently available online for in your respective time zones and be sure to notify everyone of any sudden obligations that may arise and take higher priority. If any of us can manage to bring other would-be developers into the fold, then all the better (I might be able to get even more additional collaborators on our team this Sunday Afternoon GMT). Let's make sure development is positive and as supportive for all involved and that we not lose sight of our goals.

And finally, if this is all news to you and you want to get involved along with everyone I've contacted already, it's never too late for you either! Just drop a reply here and I'll be in touch! Looking forward to working with all of you!

(Find me on Twitter @BonsaiTreehouse, on Gmail with chealgeorge@gmail.com and on Slack @BonsaiTreehouse)

(+1)

A Slack for the project would be a good place to start, we could have more in depth conversations there :)

Okay, it's been a few days now and I've just been made aware of this new, somewhat thematically similar "Games Vs Nazis" Jam also on itchio which I thought we could all get involved in (starts on Feb 6th, ends on Feb 13th, all games livestreamed Feb 17th, winners announced Feb 24th): https://itch.io/jam/games-vs-nazis

Haven't heard anything back from some of our team recruits here regarding the currently proposed game project, so if you're still on board and like the sound of this new jam more (I honestly don't mind as long as we get to make something anyway), sound off in this topic ASAP.

*goes back to playing the waiting game*

(1 edit) (+1)

Sorry for the delay (had to deal with a few distractions). I'm here and ready for both.

(+1)

The other jam has a much more restrained time period which I'm almost definitely sure I can't be ready&availalble for.
That being said, don't worry about me if everything/everyone else is set ot enter this other jam :)