Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Happy to see Procjam back!

A topic by Pixelectric created Sep 04, 2020 Views: 258 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Thanks to previous Procjams (and SEEDS), I have become fascinated with procedural generation. Definitely entering this year (missed the deadline on the last one). I have a few ideas and questions:

(1) I've been thinking of starting a jam tentatively called "Generating Infinity", a longer term jam to create interest in procedural generation. Do you have any tips / advice? I came up with the idea partly because I hadn't seen Procjam return yet in 2020. (Generating Infinity will suggest people enter Procjam too.)

(2) I am working right now on a jam entry for a tabletop roleplaying game (TTRPG) jam. Are you accepting entries based on procedural content creation for physical games as well as digital (such as card, deck and map building systems, character generation rules, etc)? I think there may be some physical game devs who would be interested that concept.

For 2 they're accepting all content as long as it's focused around procedural generation.

Hey! I'm so glad you're enjoying Procjam and Seeds so much :)

1) Tips and advice: keep the rules very light, start a Discord, make it a positive space and don't rush to grow. If you make a nice community, people will come and join over time and a nice space will sell itself! If it's a longer term jam then this probably isn't an issue, but for procjam we try to avoid clashing with the big jams (mostly GGJ and Ludum Dare).

2) Absolutely, yeah, we've had some physical entries in the past. Please do submit it!