Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Games Are In! Now What?

A topic by fuzzmonkey created May 15, 2018 Views: 252 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 8
HostSubmitted

It is time to rate the games!  Everyone who submitted a game, or is listed as a contributor, can now vote on the 39 games in the 6 voting categories.  There are 3 categories we have reserved for special judges, and they will be announced at the end.  Make sure to play, vote, and be constructive not reductive (with how well that rhymed, it has to be a self-help phrase somewhere).

72 hours (even when the Jam author screws up and gives everyone an extra 10 hours) isn't a long time, so I always try to rate games on the direction it was heading, its idea and execution overall, and whether it would be fun as a full release.  But, this is just my way of voting, the great part about a democratized voting event is that the will of the jammers will prevail.

Good luck!  Get playing.

How many games do we have to vote on?

HostSubmitted

With only 39 I'm going to try and play them all. But I would make sure to hit 15+.

Submitted

what are 3 categories resererved for judges? just curious.

HostSubmitted

One will be voted on by my video game design class.  Kind of like a Teen Choice Awards for the Game Jam.  The other two are just Judges picks.  Whatever the two judges think they liked the best.

Submitted

Are you having all of your students rate every game? I've noticed that the games that are playable in the browser are getting a lot more ratings than the ones that need to be downloaded. I'm going to try to go through and rate all of the games, but if your students aren't required to rate all of the games could you maybe encourage them to rate downloadable games as well? That way everyone is able to get feedback :)

HostSubmitted

@spicyroboto In these jams, browser games almost always get more love. I was HIGHLY recommending to all my students to keep requirements low so they could be  stable as browser games. We plan on playing them all, but we also fall into the trap of running low on  time and playing the browser based games first.