Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Joining the Jam right now!

A topic by IlDiavoloVesteRosa created Jun 23, 2022 Views: 147 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

Yeah, let's just see how this goes, I also gotta learn Inform 7 since I never used anything similar... something good has to come out of this challenge, I hope!

Submitted(+1)

Hi, IlDiavoloVesteRosa!

I give up from my original game for this Comp yesterday, and started a new tinier game, so I think we both are in time problems, but if you need to learn Inform 7 in that time, I don't envy you :D Seems like a real challenge!

Do it! :DDD

Submitted

Yeah, I guess we are in the same shoes ahhaha, I hope it goes well <3 <3 Starting with a very small scope because I have to really manage my time!!

Jam Host(+1)

Great to have you on board! Looking forward to your game.

Submitted

Tysm!! I hope I'll be able to bring something playabl

Submitted(+1)(-1)

Holy mackeral! I don't think you will ever learn Inform 7, design and code a game and get it tested in one week. If you can, you're a better man (or woman) than me. Maybe ParserComp 2023 would be a more realistic objective.

Submitted

I don't plan on learning the entire system inside and out haha, just the basics to get something working and functional before the deadline! Yesterday I played around with it a little, it's very complicated but I just use the things that I need, and ignore the rest, I'll come back when I need those haha

I don't really know how long are these games, on average, or really what style... I'm going with a kind of puzzly feel, let's see if I can reach 15m playtime! Until now, scripting new action has been the most fun thing to do!

Submitted(+1)

Short and puzzley is good. I can't help you with Inform 7, but if you need help with testing, I can help out. Good luck.

Submitted

Yeah, I'd happily take help with testing, since story-design is hard hahah