Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

I Have an Important Question !!!

A topic by F5 Game Studio created Oct 25, 2021 Views: 477 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+1)

Hey!!. Greetings to all. I need to confirm a few things...

1. When the Jam Begins Will there be a Theme for the Game?.
2. Should it be a game that is created in 1 minute, or that it be playable in 1 minute?.
3. Can I Start Creating The Game Anytime I Want, Or Only During The Jam Period?.
4. Are there any limitations?.

THANKS!!!

Host(+2)

This time around, there won't be a theme. I've changed that moving on for future jams.

The jam is about creating a game that has gameplay that lasts around a minute. This isn't like the Zero Hour game jam! 

Generally, in the spirit of jamming, the game should be developed during the jam period, otherwise there's not much point! 

I'm not sure what you mean about limitations - feel free to run any things you're thinking of by me here! 

You can find more details about the rules here: https://itch.io/jam/one-minute-jam

Hope that helps! 

- FSV 

(+2)

Hey!!. Thanks for Answer me ;)

It Works me. *Thumb Sup*

(1 edit) (+1)

Sorry, following up on the 1 minute gameplay:

- Can you do things like set up the battle and whatnot, but once you start the game, it needs to be 1 minute, and then play again like in phases?

Or

- The whole game is 1 minute, but you can carry over that save data into a new game to play another minute?

Or

- The whole game should strictly only be played for 1 minute and you can't play anymore?

(+1)

Ok. Now i Understand. Thanks...

(+2)

Erm, I was actually actually asking a question that I'm hoping the Host could answer.

(+1)

Ahh Okay. I'm Sorry... Hahaha

Host(+1)

The jam is mostly around games where the scope of gameplay should take place in a minute.

However, I know there's games like Minit which are more about having the player progress the game in minute-long phases.

Either approach is still innovative, so you're more than welcome to take a more interesting approach than a literal one-minute game.

Go for it! 

- FSV 

(+1)

I see. So there's a wider approach then. Thank you for the clarification!

Quick question to farsidevirtual

how much time do we have to make the game? I know not 1 minute, but really how long? I'm thinking about 14 days but that seems a little much.

How long do we have?

Host

Hi! 

You can find the deadlines for the jam at the very top of the jam submission page. The jam starts in two hours and lasts a total of two weeks before submissions are closed.

Hope that helps! 

- FSV

oK