Hello! I am Miguel from Spain. This is my second jam ever (first was Minimalistic Jam 2 with https://comodoro.itch.io/i-have-no-clock-and-i-must-tick-tock).
This time i will be developing a simple memory game. Here we go!
- Name: Maze memories
- Genre: Memory / puzzle
- Engine/Framework: Unity
- The player must reach the goal (star) in the level in order to advance. It is done moving the player in a grid tile.
- At the beginning of the level, you can get a look what the level looks like, for about 5 seconds (may change).
- After that time, all tiles except the one with the player and the one with the goal will be hidden. The player must remember the way to the goal in order to reach it.
- For avoiding random movements, there will be a step limit each level. If the player takes more steps than allowed, level must be restarted.
- Special tiles:
- Obstacles: trying to go into an obstacle will consume an step and reveal the tile but the player cannot move into it.
- Door: same as an obstacle unless the player have any key, if he has a key, the door will disapear when steping into its tile.
- Key: the player will get a key when he steps into its tile. The key will disapear then.
- Spikes: stepping into this tile will mean instant restart.
Key / door example:
What's done so far:
- Main objects in the game (tiles, objects, player...).
- Main mechanics:
- Hide / show tiles
- Keys and doors
- Simple sound before starting a level (memory time).
- Added noise filter in memory time.
- Design a lot more levels.
- Implement spike tiles.
- More sound effects.
- Implement mobile touch controls.
- Implement short memory time after the level starts (bonus like).
I hope you like it! Any feedback is welcome :)