SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[Devlog] I'm Allergic to Cats

A topic by analogsprout created Jan 15, 2017 Views: 595 Replies: 13
Viewing posts 1 to 7
(9 edits) (+3)

INTRO:

"Viola goes total space cadet while escaping the universe to go for a smoke and begins humouring the player with an internal Captain's Log. Briefly get inside Viola's head while she ponders her existence."

I suffer from chronic depression and anxiety so I'm trying to utilize this jam to push myself to be motivated to create and be productive and finally, I mean hopefully -- panic attacks forgiving -- that I can finally start and complete my first game. I'm both incredibly stoked and tremendously terrified.

I'm Allergic to Cats

Submitted

I love those colors! Good luck jamming! :)

(+1)

Thanks that means boat loads! I tend to spent waaay too much time on the colour palette of any given project I EVER undertake. It somehow winds up being the most time consuming phase for me, don't ask me why. I just adore colour.

Taste the RaInBoWs~! Lol I need sleep. T__T

Submitted

Loving that title screen! Can't wait to see more. :')

(2 edits) (+1)

I'm glad you like it! I've been spending too much time on the story I haven't been able to produce more artwork than this so far but I should have more knocked out over the next few days. I'm trying to go for a retro pixel video game meets alternative comic book (ie. Scott Pilgrim) feel. But in all honesty I really have no idea where this is going lol.

(1 edit) (+1)

Just a quick little sprite .gif I slapped together of Viola! I felt obligated to update with something.

the art looks awesome on here. I'm a sucker for simple yet colorful styles :D

Thank you! And #same. I absolutely die for simplistic/flat colour pixel art. Like I dig that, that's my jams so I do my best to emulate that. Haha, no pun intended.

(5 edits) (+3)

I did a thing. <3

Submitted

Cool! What program are you using?

For the art or the engine?

Submitted

The engine, whoops. :P

(+2)

So I'm producing most of this game whilst drunk and I'll say, this is gonna get wacky as a result. GET PUMPED.

Submitted

Super Hyped