All right, time to make a game. For the first time. And some pixel art-- for the first time. And music-- for the first time.
Lots of firsts, everyone, lots of firsts.
Goat of the 8th Layer (Which will probably not be the final title of this project, but it has a nice ring to it) is a silly, semi-comedic platformer set in Hell. You play as a a ruling lady of Hell who has been unceremoniously turned into a devilish goat and must platform her way up back to her rightful throne.
- Make a single level with a checkpoint system and a few hazards.
- Program a playable goat that is able to, as goats do, walk on nearly 90 degree surfaces. For fun. Also, y'know... Program jumping and moving.
- Have some fun with that aforementioned platforming concept.
- If time allows, refine the jumping and moving to have acceleration and controlled jump height.
- Make some gosh dang pixel art and music, which I'm completely new to!
So, to start things off, here is a basic sprite for Lilith herself:
Probably going to make some changes/improve the quality of the sprite later, maybe add some shading, but there she is!
I'm going to move into programming now, but soon I want to make three or four additional Lilith sprites (Two or three comprising a walk cycle, one for mid-jump, much like the original Super Mario Bros).