What's up y'all! I'm a couple days late making my thread but I've been getting familiar with game maker ✌😊
I'm gonna be making a little wee zelda-like dungeon with my dnd character Tempest!
She's a storm sorcerer & pirate cleric to umberlee - she's gay, selfish, and gets what she wants. In this game what she wants is a magic trident which may or may not be in this dungeon 🤭
Anyway here's what I have so far!
I'd like to make my own tileset & music & go beyond sketch sprites eventually, but that's beyond the scope of this jam I think!
what i've done so far is:
- movement with collision, sfx, & little footprints
- tracking how many keys you have & whether or not a door is locked
- textboxes with letters that appear one at a time & optional portrait, Added Button To Say Its Gun Time
- GUI for things like keys and health
- make the gun actually do stuff, & add her halberd. Also sidenote her gun is actually a wand that looks like a gun, fun fact. it shoots spells!
- Add enemies & hp tracking
- Build the dungeon itself! gotta add puzzles and traps. I'm thinking some funky lil spikes & raising/lowering water levels to get around, but that may prove more time consuming than I want so we'll see...!
- this is probably not going to happen in this jam but I'm fond of dungeons that are completely recontextualised when you get a new ability, so I might have tempest find a new spell in this dungeon. Maybe it should be create or destroy water....? hmm 🤔
Anyway my aim primarily for this is to build the basis of a lil dungeon game, & then I'll work on refining it after the jam hopefully! :^)